Chapter 7: Assumptions

Mention of death in this chapter, but don't worry, none of the characters that have been brought in here.
Just fair warning

Romano tried to turn on his cellphone as he continued to walk along the sidewalk that would lead him towards his neighborhood, but his phone battery was low, and all that kept coming up was the red line on a battery with the icon that meant he had to charge his phone. He shook his head as he glared at the screen, "Why do you still have power to show me this, but you can't let me make a call?" He asked bitterly with no shame as he had talked to an inanimate object, but he didn't care. His main concern was what his grandpa was going to say or do when he got home. To be fair it was 8pm when he left Antonio's, but even though his curfew was at 10pm, he still had to let him know what he was doing. Romulus wanted them to have fun, but he made sure to know what they were doing and who they were with as he was what could be considered over protective.

As he approached his house, he took a breath to steel up his nerves before he knocked on the door, waiting to be yelled at as he heard the door click to indicate that it was being unlocked. When the door opened, Romano was pulled inside by a hug due to his brother, surprising him as he was expecting it to be Romulus.

 When the door opened, Romano was pulled inside by a hug due to his brother, surprising him as he was expecting it to be Romulus

"Fratello where were you? I called your phone so many times and texted you even more so. I know you said you were going to hang out with a friend, which I'm glad about since I want you to be happy, but you didn't say where you were after. Nonno was really worried about you and I was too. I-" Romano hugged his brother tightly to try to cut off his brother's worries as he closed the door with his foot, "-But I'm back and everything's okay now. I'm sorry, but my phone died." Feliciano sighed as he hugged Romano just as tight as he focused on the fact that his brother was back and was safe at home. "You should have used their phone, or we could have come picked you up, or something."

Romano sighed softly as he just let Feliciano hug him until he felt comfortable again. "Well I had already left when I found out that it was dead." Feliciano nodded slightly as he eventually let go of him, but still held onto Romano's hand, "Well I'm just glad that you're back." Romano squeezed his brother's hand gently before pulling it back, "I'm fine Fratello. Look at me. I'm fine." He held out his arms as he spun slowly in a small circle as to let Feliciano check him out for any injuries or the like, but the younger Italian now was noticing how he was wearing oversized clothes that wasn't what he was wearing when he left. "Antonio Fernandez-Carriedo?" Feliciano asked as he read the back of the shirt. Romano's eyes got a bit wide as he was now facing his brother with a small blush as Feliciano looked confused until he noticed the blush, taking a wild guess over as to what happened that Romano hadn't gotten around to telling him yet.

 Romano's eyes got a bit wide as he was now facing his brother with a small blush as Feliciano looked confused until he noticed the blush, taking a wild guess over as to what happened that Romano hadn't gotten around to telling him yet