Verdandi

I stare out onto the Earth.

Home.

I can smell the fresh wildflowers on the hill on which I am standing on. I feel the small breeze on my back.

I am home.

I smile and take in another deep breath. I walk down the hill. I look up and see the beautiful sun that had shone upon my face 10 years ago. When I was lying on the ground taking in my final breath. In a way I followed the light back home.

I reach the bottom and see the humans staring at me in wonder. My white dress flowing in the wind along with my hair. It must have been a sight to see. I smile at them as I walk by. I can see the recognition in their eyes.

A woman comes up to me.

"You are Black Snow, the one who saved us all," she kneels at my feet. I pull her back up to her feet she seems confused.

"Please I come back not to have fame but to protect the Earth once more," I smile. Other people come up to me. Some shake my hand and give me hugs.

"Tell me what do you know of the Avengers?" I ask all of them.

The smiles stop and silence becomes the new norm. They all look at each other.

"You don't know do you?" The first woman speaks.

"Know what?" I ask.

"When you died the Avengers never came back to life they all died, just like your about to," The woman smiles as she transforms. Thanos stands in front of me as he takes my sword and plunges it inside my chest.

***

I throw myself off of my bed. I touch my chest. No blood. It was all just a dream. I let out a breath of relief. I go to my window and open it. I can see the open grassland. The same grassland I wake up to for the past ten years.

I can hear my mother and father talking in the kitchen. I look to my door. I then crawl out of my huge window. The slight breeze moves my hair. I feel the wet tears go down my face as I make my way to the looking glass. I see Loki and his wife Sig. They look so happy together. I smile as I see Loki's happy smile.

I let out a deep breath.'

I had only ten years before died and yet here I was on this planet with my mother and father as we lived in harmony.

Or rather I pretended to live in harmony. I desperately wanted to return back to earth.

My real and true home.

I turn to our house. Its so normal and human like. It reminds me of every human I met. Of every memory of my old life.

I feel more tears fall down my face as I change the image to Matt. He sits in a chair reading to his 5 year old son. His wife looks up from her own book time to time and smiles. She has no idea that Matt is Asgardian and probably never will.

I change it another time as I see Thor and Jane. They are in Asgard at the palace with Odin having a nice little chat.

Then I change it the last time. I see Steve sitting by himself in his apartment. He sits there staring at the floor. Alone no one there to comfort him.

"I'm so sorry Steve," I feel another wave of tears fall down as I collapse on the ground. I wipe them away as I sob alone.

When I left I didn't think about all the pain I would cost. All I knew is that Odin came to me and said,

"Verdandi stand you are not dead not yet."

I feel my body lift up as I look at him. White blinding light is everywhere.

"Where am I?" I look at him.

"You are between Life and Death, you must choose one but if you choose Life you will not be on Midgard but in a very different place, with your parents."

I guess you can see what I chose.

I get up off the ground. I walk back to my house.

"I'm going back," I say to my parents in mid conversation.

"What?" My father stands up. He is not happy.

"I need to, its been too long," I hug him and my mother.

"Finally!" My mother smiles. My father and I give her a strange look.

"You died all those years ago not letting Steve or Loki how you felt," she holds my cheek.

"Its time you did I suppose," My father sighs. I smile as I walk back outside. They follow behind me. I walk up to the looking glass. I change it to the middle of central park. I then snap my fingers and change into human clothes. I trick I learned from my father.

"Verdandi?" My mother calls. I look back to her.

"We love you," she smiles. I smile back as I run back and give them one last hug. I then look back to the mirror. I walk slowly as I close my eyes.

I walk though and feel the rushing sensation as I do. I suddenly hear birds chirping, car horns honking, and the smell of smog. I open my eyes as I see trees and ahead tall buildings.

In ten years not a whole lot has changed. I turn around as catch the last glimpse of my mother and father as the image slowly vanishes. I smile as I feel one last tear fall from my face.

I walk forward.

I am home. In the place I last was before I died. In the place where I first fell. In the place where I will rise again.

"I am Verdandi and I have come home," I smile as I raise my hands and make the skies fill with snow