Steve

I watch as Verdandi covers her mouth in surprise. The rest of the Avengers stare at her in wonder. Tony comes forward first. He hugs her tightly. Although they barely knew each other she had saved Tony's life ten years ago.

Soon everyone comes forward and is hugging. I see Verdandi's face wet with happy tears. They all begin to talk. Time passes before I notice something odd. I look to Verdandi. Behind her I see Loki hiding in the shadows. He seems almost angry that all of these people are here. I leave the group to go to him.

"I'm sorry about what happened I just was afraid shield already had taken her," Loki whispers to me as I get closer.

"Its alright," I whisper back. To be honest I probably would have done the same thing to him. We stand next to each other.

"Why did she come to you?" Loki turns to me.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"She didn't say why?" Loki says with a sneer. Jeez does he think I'm not telling him anything?

"She didn't say anything," I try not to look at him.

"You are such a bad liar," Loki turns away. He goes to the window and takes the fire escape. The moment he leaves Verdandi walks to me.

"Where's Loki?" She asks. I notice how quiet it is.

"He left," I look out my door and see everyone is gone.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"They left," she stares at me. We stare at each other in silence.

"How did you know where I was in the first place?" I ask as I narrow my eyes.

"I had a looking glass or a mirror, it showed me what I wanted to see," she crosses her arms.

"Oh?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Why does it matter," she gives a harsh smile.

"Loki wanted to know," I shrug as I leave our stare down. I look at the time.

"Its almost supper time do you want to go out?" I look back to her.

"Sure," she shrugs as she leaves. I watch her shut my door. I let out a breath.

"So that's how huh," Loki crawls in through my window.

"What the hell?" I whisper.

"I never left I merely hid well," Loki smiles.

"Don't you have a wife to go to," I snarl. He got married to some other Asgardian which I thought was the worst thing he could do. Then again only me and super fans of Verdandi thought she was still alive.

"Does she matter?" He scoffs. I raise my eyes.

"Don't you love her?" I take a step forward. He scowls.

"I," he stops and shakes his head.

"You just love Verdandi more?" I give a little laugh. " This whole thing with you and your wife was just something you had done so you would stop loving Verdandi right? Wow! I doesn't surprise me at all that you Loki would have used a woman! Does she even love you? Does she know about Verdandi?" I push him back to the window. I see the ground below. I almost want to push him. How could Verdandi even love a man so low.

"Because he wasn't always like this," I turn to see Verdandi in the doorway. I realize I'm gripping Loki by his shirt collar. His eyes burn holes in my own. I release him.

"Steve," Verdandi whispers. I walk away. She rushes to the worm on the ground. The worm called Loki.

"I don't want to see you again," I look into her eyes.

"Steve wait," she stands up and holds my arm. I shake it off.

"Leave," I hiss. She still has her hand out. I see tears fill her eyes. She sniffs as she wipes them away. Anger covers her face.

"Fine," she turns and helps Loki up. For wanting to be a god all those years ago he sure is a wimp. I watch as he goes out the window.

"I will see you later," she whispers to Loki. She turns back to me. She walks right but me but stops. She turns around and kisses me on the lips. I am taken by surprise but I kiss her back.

She stops and turns sharply away. I watch in confusion as she goes to the front door and opens it. She turns back and gives me one last look. She then shuts the door as she leaves.

I stand alone in my apartment. Less than an hour ago I was having fun with my friends and their little reunion with Verdandi. Now I just kicked her out of my house.

I turn back to my room. I then look and see my bathroom light on. I open the door and go to turn off the light. I then see on the sink a dagger.

I recognize it. It was Loki's but he gave it to Verdandi just before he died. Or rather she took it. I pick it up.

"He wasn't always like this," Verdandi's words come back to me. I let out a deep breath. I turn off the light and go to my room. I put her dagger on my dresser.

I let out a deep breath. Why did Verdandi come back? She could have lived without all the drama of earth and yet here she was. Why?

I'm going to find out.