Borage

Five cake and icing flavors later, they were still seated, arguing as to what combination they would choose. 

"Gusto ko kasi, classic 'yong flavor. So, vanilla cake with raspberry-vanilla icing."

"Ayoko ng raspberry eh. Chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting na lang!"

"Ano ka five? Tiyaka, masyadong chocolate-y naman kung ganoon."

"Um, Tita? Puwede po bang half and half?" Alden asks, turning to  their event planner.

"Ah, oo naman," she replies, still a little bit confused as to what was going on between the two.

"'Yon naman pala Maine eh. Edi half and half na lang 'yong cake."

"No, that'll just look weird." 

"Ok, ok, ok. I'll stop the both of you now before this gets even more complicated. Ipapakain niyo naman sa guest 'yong cake diba? You'll really only taste a little bit of it, then that's it for you guys. So, can we just decide to let the bakers choose the flavor? Para wala nang away?"

The two scratched their heads and just nodded in response. 

"Kayong dalawa talaga, wala na kayong inatupag kundi mag-away."

"Hindi naman, Tita. When it comes to making decisions, ganito lang po talaga kami ni Maine."

"Totoo po 'yon. Noong college prom namin, he asked me to choose what color tie he would wear. So, I picked one and he said that he didn't like it. So I asked him kung bakit niya pa ako pinapili kung hindi din naman niya pipiliin 'yong pinili ko."

The older woman just laughed at the two of them, because even though they were arguing, Richard still had her arms around Maine, and Maine was still resting her head on his chest. If not for their young faces, one would mistake them as an old happily married couple. 

-

The past week has been dedicated to finalising the preparations for their upcoming wedding. Therefore, they have now been busy at work, tending to the tasks that they were not able to complete from the previous week. It was only now, that Alden could take time off early and visit Maine in her office. 

He heard shrieks upon walking towards Maine's office. He dropped the bouquet of flowers in his hands and starts to run for her door.

"No! Please! 'Wag niyo akong kunin!" he heard coming from the room. It was a female voice but he was sure it wasn't Maine's.

The door bursts open and he sees a tall man pulling Sanya's arm, while Maine on the other hand, was holding Sanya's waist as tight as she could. Out of instinct, Alden comes in between Sanya's arm and the man.

"Hey stop!" he screams, pushing the man immediately. 

Once he got a good view of the man, now lying on his back on the floor, to say that he was shocked was a very very big understatement.

"Tito?" Alden asked.

"Alden! Hijo! Hindi mo naman sinabi sa akin na andito lang si Sanya. We're going to take her back now."