Chapter 19

They were walking along the way home.

Angel's smile was plastered on her face while she played with the turtle plushy that they won at the fair.

Yesung chuckled.

She looked at him.

"What?"

"You're so cute."

"I know that since birth actually."

Yesung laughed at her response. 

They were suppose to enter the house but he pulled her and led her to the beach.

"Hey, we will cook something for dinner! Why are we here?" Angel protested.

"Let's stay here for a few minutes, okay?" Yesung guided her to sit on the white sand.

He sat behind her and hugged her from behind.

"Angel..." he caressed her hair.

"Hmm?"

"I love you so much... I can't... I really can't bear to loose you anymore..."

Angel looked back at him. She saw his eyes. It was pure sadness.

"Aww... Yesung..."

She hugged him so tight. "I hope this will help you ease your pain. I really couldn't understand why I left you. You're such a nice person."

Yesung pulled her away. "I'm a bad person, Angel. I... I lied to you."

"Then tell me. Tell me what really happened between us so that we can fix it. Together."

Yesung sighed.

He held her face. "I... cheated on you."

Angel was surprised. 

"We were supposed to get married. It was all prepared. We're just waiting for the wedding day but..."

"But what?"

"My mom. She is against our relationship. She wants me to marry her friend's daughter. We... we are having some financial issues and the best way to save our company is to marry Stacey..." Yesung looked down.

Angel was listening intently. 

"I disagreed with my mom and continued to prepare our wedding. That night, my mom had seizures... I didn't know her simple headache everyday was led to a worse sickness... she's been diagnosed of brain cancer. Even if I sell all of our assets, it's not enough. Stacey offered help... but of course... there should be given something in return."

"Did she ask for you to marry her?" Angel concluded.

Yesung nod.

"I didn't know what to do at that time. Even if we always argue, she's still my mom. But I can't choose between the two of you. I love you both with all my life." He couldn't help but to cry.

Angel wiped his tears. She could feel the burden he has.

"My mom needed an operation right there and then. My mind was blank, so I decided to agree with Stacey. She did everything. And of course the wedding plan. I kept everything to you. Which was the biggest mistake I've ever done."

"After that, what happened? Why did I get involve in an accident?"

"You found out everything through Jongjin. You were mad, because you thought I cheated on you. I didn't I swear, I'm just waiting for the right time to tell you but I..."

Angel's face changed. Her soft feature became strong.

"You think if you tell that to my face, I would believe you?"