4

An hour into work and I want to literally crawl in hole and die. It's supposed to be my day off for god sake, also it's only me and Josh, Sarah hasn't turned up yet and James is nowhere to be seen.

Currently I'm behind the counter making someone a coffee, when I see as a couple of girls flirting with Josh as he's taking their order.

Obviously it's none of my business, I mean I'm not his girlfriend am I? I can't help but be slightly jealous though, seeing as it was only yesterday he admitted to liking me.

I get so distracted watching, that I end up overflowing the cup with hot water and burn myself.

"Goddammit!" I quickly run over to the sink and run it under the cold water, "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright?" Violently gesturing to my now burnt arm. "Right just keep it under there for a couple minutes and I'll sort it out."

I just nod as I watch him remake the coffee and gives it to the man. "I'm such an idiot... I should've been watching what I was doing..."

"You're not an idiot. People burn themselves all the time." He comes back over with a roll of something in his hand, I just frown slightly. "Is that cling film?"

"Apparently putting this on a burn is supposed to help it... I dunno I read it somewhere..."

"Alright.." I shrug and let him put some on my arm. "What got you so distracted anyway?"

Watching you being chatted up by a load of girls.

"Nothing..."

"Bet it was them guys weren't it?"
He points over to two pretty good looking guys sat in the far corner. "What? Oh yeah... it was..."

"I know you so well..." he smiles and I just nod, watching him go back to the drinks machine.

Not as well as you'd think.

"Try and avoid them girls... they're a bit full on..." The girls who were flirting with him. "I think the blonde was checking you out."

"What?!" I look at him wide eyed and he nods. "Yeah, she was asking me what your name was." I look back over at the girls and see the blonde one looking over at me. I quickly look away and back towards him. "Gotta admit I was kinda jealous."

He was jealous? My stomach starts doing somersaults, I go to say something but says something first.

"Oh, she's coming over." He gestures behind me, and I see that she is in fact coming over. "Good luck." he places their drinks in front of me and leaves heading to the kitchen.

"The little bitch." I mutter to myself and then turn to see her. "Hey." She smiles and I just nod at her.

Okay I gotta admit she's pretty good looking...

"How much is it for these?"

"£7.35." She just nods and goes into her purse. "I was just talking to your colleague... and he was just saying you were single."

My eyes widen as she puts the money on the counter and smiles. I look down and notice a piece of paper with the money.

Oh my God... she just gave me her number didn't she?

"Thanks." I take the money and leave the paper. "You forgot this."

The piece of paper.

She's persistent I'll give her that.