one | OBLIVIOUS

so this isn't quite a prologue, but it's an important short intro on what's happening yk??

"Luna!"

The last place we left our hero if you can remember, was leaving all of her friends in Riverdale.

At the time, the idea seemed like it would give her the opportunity for a fresh start-

But Luna was very surprised, and it wasn't a good surprise. Like expecting nothing on your birthday and having your locker decorated.

It was a bad surprise.

Like expecting no one to know who you are, only to find out that everyone knew that you were the sister of a supposed guy who committed suicide.

On the same day as his friend was murdered by his father for wanting no part in an illegal drug ring, which used a famous maple syrup business as a front.

Yes, things in Riverdale had been complicated for Luna, and in this new town, Montevallo, things were not any different.

A pleasant surprise Luna had learned though, was that some people did not care about your past, and those people made very good friends.

However, nothing could compare to the bond Luna had formed with her friends back in that seemingly quiet town.

Luna was also completely oblivious, though, to what was going on in Riverdale, and the gang was debating on whether they should tell her about Fred or not.

Archie argued that Luna would come back if she knew, and he wanted her to have a chance at being happy.

Betty said that she would want to know and that she deserved to know. It was her decision to come and Archie could not try to control her.

Jughead agreed with Betty, if she wanted to come, she could come.

Veronica agreed with both sides, Luna deserved to be happy, but she could also make her own decisions.

So the group concurred that while they did not have a unanimous decision that they would not do anything.

Ophelia knew nothing either, and she still had found someone to rent out the old house, she didn't know who yet, but she was planning on meeting them somewhere in Montevallo today, which is why she had woken up Luna at 2 in the afternoon.

"Luna, get up!"

"What," Luna slurred, hissing when her mother pulled the sheets off of her body.

In a last attempt to get Luna up, she pinned down her feet and started to tickle her, which caused Luna to convulse violently.

"No, stop, okay, I'm up!" she yelled, thrashing around frantically and sighing in relief when Ophelia finally stopped.

"Good, I'm meeting renters today, I'll be back, 'kay?"

Luna rolled her eyes, "You woke me up to say that?"

"I also woke you up because it's literally 2 in the afternoon," Ophelia shook her head. "also there's some leftover Chinese in the fridge for dinner."

Luna put up a thumbs up and sighed, getting up and putting on some proper clothes as Ophelia left the room.

She went downstairs and her phone started buzzing, when she looked down she realized it was an incoming Facetime Call from Betty.

Luna was still close with everyone from Riverdale, but Betty could never get enough of her, it seemed.

She made sure to call or text at least once a day and Luna was happy to know that at least one person would definitely love to have her back.