nine | NEW

THE MOVIE THAT KEVIN had picked was The Edge of Seventeen, no one has seen it but it was supposed to be really good.

Of course, no one else really had a say in what movie they'd see, but they always trusted Kevin to only supply the good stuff for them.

The total for the pizza was around $50, and after they all pitched in and the boxes were handed over to them, it was a feast.

Everyone was tired, but they weren't sleepy. All of them wanted, needed to be in this moment, a moment of tranquility, pure happiness.

Luna leaned her head against Archie's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Archie had been thinking about what his father said for a while, the joke he made about Luna and him ending up together.

The looks they shared.

He started to obsess over and analyze every little aspect of their relationship. Did any part of it seem like more than it should have?

Did he want more?

No, he already had a girlfriend, and she had her own.

After the looks and touches Cheryl and Luna had shared tonight, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that they were dating again. Clearly, they weren't trying at all to hide it.

But in the back of Archie's mind, he wished they did. He wished he could be happy for the both of them, happy that they were able to find their own tranquility in each other.

But the tiniest part of him, the slightest bit, one atom maybe, felt like he wanted, should have been in Cheryl's place.

And maybe he would have ended up that way if he had just opened his mouth a year ago.

Archie looked towards Veronica, happily nuzzled in between Jughead and Betty, Veronica herself gazed towards her boyfriend and they shared eye contact, a mutual smile on the other's face.

He should have been happy.

Tap Tap.

Archie turned to face the pink fluffball beside him, which just so happened to be Luna.

"Be right back, keep this shoulder warm," she smiled, but suddenly it felt like so much more than a smile for Archie. Suddenly, his heart felt big, his lungs felt small, and his toes started to tingle.

Suddenly, he felt more.

Suddenly, he wanted more.

Luna got up with sore limbs, the odd position that she had found herself contorted in did not benefit her body at all.

Quietly, she padded into the kitchen with bare feet and flipped on the switch.

The entire house was dark right now and Ophelia said she had gone out see some of Riverdale's parents, it was like a reunion for all generations.

In the corner of the room, she spotted the case of water bottles that she was looking for and started towards them.

A knock suddenly stopped her in her tracks and she turned to find Betty leaning against the frame, "I'm offended."

"Offended?" Luna brought her brows together in confusion.

"Yes, why was I not the first person you saw when you came back? Am I not the first person you met? Am I not your first friend?"

"Well technically, Archie was the first person I met and I guess my first-"

"Shut up," Betty accusing pointed a finger at her. "you are a very mean girl."