eight | LOVE

Luna wasn't going to ask Fred why he was in the hospital, that was weird and doing so would raise a lot more questions than it would answer.

So she waited patiently against the wall, Archie on the wall opposite her, to hear an answer to her previous inquiry.

Archie stuttered, he didn't really know how to explain.

Luna's face softened as she saw how distressed he was, "You okay? Do you even want to talk about it?"

"No, it's okay," Archie nodded unconvincingly, looking up at Luna for the first time since entering the hallway with her. "you deserve to know, and it was really uncool of me to keep this from you."

Luna scoffed, "Well yeah, that's why I'm mad at you, asshole."

Archie smiled a little, "First and foremost, I want you to know that I only kept this from you because I didn't want you to come back, I mean, I did. But if you came back it'd be selfish of me. You seemed so happy when you moved. So I thought if you knew about my dad you'd come back to Riverdale, you have such a big heart. I guess it was inevitable though, I'm so sorry, Luna."

The girl before him moved to his wall and leaned next to him, taking his hand in hers, "It's okay, Archie, really."

At that moment he looked into her creamy chocolate eyes, and it was as if they were seeing each other truly for the first time.

There were constellations in his eyes that told stories that could have gone on for years and her eyes?

Archie thought they were full of so many emotions and voices screaming to be heard.

They broke eye contact when a team of nurses and doctors rushed by, yelling things at each other.

Luna laughed, looking at the ground anxiously and crossing both her arms in front of her again, "Chaotic, huh? Hospitals."

"Yeah," Archie nodded, not taking his eyes off her. He shook his head, as if pushing away his thoughts and looked up at the bland white popcorn ceiling. "anyways, I guess I should tell you why my dad is in the hospital now, shouldn't I?"

Luna rolled her eyes, "No shit, Sherlock."

"Well, it happened right after you left," Archie bit his lip as he cautiously looked up to meet Luna's gaze. "long story short, Dad and I went to Poppe's and then a guy came in, he was trying to rob the place. I had gone to the bathroom before he walked in, and when I came out he was holding a gun to my Dad and he shot him. He ran out right after, I didn't really see any part of his face except for his eyes."

There was silence between them, the only noise being the background sound of a noisy hospital.

Luna leaned her head back against the wall and sighed, "And you thought you couldn't tell me this?"

"I wanted you to be safe," Archie tried to defend his actions.

"I don't need you to protect me, Arch," Luna stood up straight and moved in front of him. "I know what's best for me, I don't need you deciding that."

"I'm not trying to decide-"

"Really? Because it seems like you are," Archie looked down at the ground and Luna scoffed. "you know, I feel bad. Because you've been through this traumatic event and I understand that what happened is horrible. But that is no excuse for trying to control my actions and undermining me by lying. I bet everyone else knew too, didn't they? Is that why Betty was acting so weird?"

Archie nodded slowly, looking up again to meet Luna's cold stare.

"That's rich," Luna shook her head and frowned. "screw you, Archie. Tell your Dad I hope he's feeling better."