five

baekhyun was soft skin decorated in the sunlight, the quiet of lint in the air engulfing him like the clothes he seemed to have borrowed from sehun. he had boxers on that made his legs look so skinny, collarbones and shoulder exposed in a faded grey shirt. he still resembled a dog in some of his features, small puppy eyes and droopy lips. his hair was brown like his fur coat and black pieces of hair striped on his bangs.

he was beautiful, sehun almost couldn't believe it— almost.

but he was frightened, eyes attaching to anything in the room and hands clenched at his sides. baekhyun looked as if he was about to cry, petite body trembling as he seemed to wait for a punishment. sehun didn't like the sight, not at all.

"baekhyun?" his voice was raspy, and he desperately wanted to step forward and take the man in his arms but he knew better. the man looked up at the lack of lash in his voice. "can you speak?"

baekhyun relaxed, nodding in a jerky movement as he opened his mouth. he was determined, face tensing and he looked him in the eyes. "se. hun. oh."

and sehun gasped, proudness swelling in his chest as he smiled. "good boy." he said before he could stop himself and baekhyun preened at the praise. "can you say anything more?"

"i, h-have to get... used to it. but—" he nodded then, obviously having trouble speaking properly. his voice was hoarse but it was still calming, pretty, and sehun wanted to hear it more

"okay," he stepped forward hesitantly, not knowing what would threaten the man but baekhyun lit up even more as he approached. sehun hugged him without force, scared of breaking the man that felt fragile in his arms.

baekhyun pressed his face against his collarbones and breathed him in deeply, eyes closing in euphoria. sehun held him just a bit tighter, the sensation tickling him. then baekhyun was turning his head and biting his shoulder, not too hard to cause pain but not lightly either, and sehun didn't even flinch; simply letting the man bite him and then backing away.

"are you hungry?" sehun asked.

baekhyun almost nodded again before he stopped himself. "yes,"

and sehun thought the determination was just so baekhyun. he smiled again, pecking the man's forehead. "i'll go make us some food."

in the kitchen baekhyun traced the counter, timid as he pulled on sehun's shirt though the man was already looking at him.

"p-put me on— that there." he spoke, tongue experimentally licking his lips. his eyes widened as he realized something. "please! please, p-put me on the...?"

"it's called a counter." sehun informed him.

"counter," baekhyun tried it out cutely, as he enunciated the word correctly. "put me on the counter, please."

sehun nodded and lowered enough to hold the man's legs and lift him. baekhyun yipped as he felt himself being carried before sehun put him on the counter. the man giggled, swinging his feet and looking at sehun, head tilted.

"thank you."

"no problem, puppy." sehun smiled, petting the man's head and watching his face twist with confusion.

"but, i'm not puppy." baekhyun frowned. "n-not a puppy, no more. not a dog— human."

"it's a nickname, i know you're a human but you're still cute like a puppy."

baekhyun blushed. "okay."

and sehun couldn't help but lightly scratch behind the man's neck, hands going under the collar of his shirt. baekhyun loved it, asking sehun for his other hand to bite the side of it. like the first time; not hard enough to cause pain, but he still licked up the faded mark of his teeth and gave it a sloppy kiss. the sight made forbidden want stir inside sehun and he cut any thought off before smiling.

"you h-have to cook, sehun-nie."

sehun pulled away before pausing. "...shit i actually have to take you to jongdae first."