High School Not So Sweetheart ch.11

ELEVEN

"I'm going to continue with my goal," I announced to Morgan and Andie as I walked into my cousin's room. 

"I thought you were completely done with it?" Andie wondered. 

"I thought so too until I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me," I replied. 

"Lexy, you just found out what Kenny was doing last week. I know you're still upset about it, but are you really ready to start dating again?" Morgan asked me. 

"Yes, I'm ready." Morgan and Andie just stared back at me with concerned expressions. "Seriously, guys, I want to continue my goal. Of course it sucks that he was the reason I even stopped in the first place, but I'm not letting anyone else get in the way with my plan from now on." 

"Well, if you're absolutely sure that you're ready to search for your high school sweetheart, then I think you should at least start with a double date with Tom and I," Morgan suggested. 

"Morgan, both double dates I was on with you were horrible," I laughed, though we all knew I was serious. 

My lovely cousin rolled her eyes. "Perhaps, but both times it wasn't my fault. And anyway, if you let me pick your date and the location, all will go well." 

After a few long minutes of having a staring contest with her, I finally caved. "Fine, you can pick my date and the location, but only if Andie approves as well. If the two of you can agree on both, I'll probably be safe for the night." 

"Alright, deal," Morgan said, grinning. 

"Sounds like fun!" Andie exclaimed.

(: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (:

I haven't been on a date for a few days now, since the date that Morgan and Andie set up. And why that is, you may ask? Well, simply because I am never ever ever, even if my life depended on it, letting my cousin pick a date for me again. 

Everything started out great when Morgan and I met Tom and Fred, who was a friend of a friend. We went to a café where there was good food and live music, so the location wasn't what made the date horrible. Fred and I seemed to get along pretty well during our date too. I actually thought that he could be a great candidate for my goal...until he broke down. 

Yes, my date had an emotional breakdown when a certain song came on. I was more shocked than worried for him at first, which probably makes me a bad person. However, when I tried to calm him down and ask what was wrong, he went on and on about his ex-girlfriend and how the song playing was 'their song'.  

Of course I felt bad for the kid, but my sympathy went out the door when he continued talking about his ex for the rest of the night. He started with her personality and what he loved about her before telling me about their favorite place, song, color, flower, etc. Yeah, they claimed a flower to be their 'relationship flower'. Needless to say, Fred was clearly not my high school sweetheart. 

"You're not still mad at me for that date, are you?" Morgan asked as she walked into the living room. I was currently playing a video game where I had to be stealthy, until she made me mess up when she interrupted me. I stared at her with narrowed eyes, though she didn't exactly understand why. 

"Well now I'm mad at you for messing me up," I replied, starting the level again. 

"Oh, sorry. Anyway, I was thinking we should go out tonight," Morgan suggested. 

I just nodded since I was more focused on my game. "Sure, whatever." 

"Great! We should go get ready now."