The Mall.

(Author’s POV)

“THE EX?” everyone yelled looking at Lani. Lisha face turned red from anger, she threw Craig’s hand from around her waist and stormed off.

“wait wait wait….WHAT?” Britt said shaking her head in disbelief. By now Craig had pulled up a chair, he was laughing quietly to himself.

“you aint gonna go after her?” Leeah asked Craig. He shook his head “nah, she just needs to blow off some steam” he replied. “ok soooo.. explain this shit” Britt said point between Leilani and Craig. They looked at each other and laughed some.

“alright, so I lived in Philly for a while, I went to Cavern Middle School. thats where I met ears over here” she said pointing to him.

“ears?..cakes?, whats with the damn nicknames?” Trey asked. “When we were in middle school his ears were big as hell. im talkin’ dumbo.” Lani answered laughing, everyone joined in. Craig smacked his lips and touched his ears.

“and cakes?” Jake asked. Leilani shook her head and her face turned red with embarrasement. “well obvious reasons” Craig said smiling, looking down at Leilani’s chair. She pushed him playfully. “stop”.

“ass, ass, ass, ass, ass” Ray said from across the table. Leilani looked at him. He winked at her, she blushed and looked down. everyone laughed.

“Must run in the family cause Britt got that—” “shut up Trey!” Britt yelled pushing him playfully and blushing.

“yo Lani and Britt” Jake said. “what?” they both said in usion. “How yall waist anorexic and yo’ a—” he started Leeah turned around to face him and raised her eyebrow and said “finish that sentence and I swear imma shove my foot so far up yo’—” “ooookayyy!” Leilani said. everyone laughed.

“Yall might wanna watch that, yall know who her daddy is?” Craig said shaking his head.

“YOU, JAKE, AND RAY, might wanna watch that I aint said nothing ‘bout Lani’s cakes.” Trey laughed putting his hands up in defeat.

“yeah but u did comment on Britt’s, u must not know who her daddy is” Lani said matter-of-factly. Trey furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Brittany. “Hines Ward.” Britt said laughing at Trey’s facial expression.

“Damn” Trey said. “who’s your dad?” Jake asked Lani. “Troy Polamalu”. she said sipping her drink she’d gotten earlier.

“yo, yall father’s are like legends. yall kno that right?” Ray said. Lani and Britt shrugged. “I guess” Britt said.

“wait. if Troy’s you dad, then that means your mom is Sanaa Lathan right?” Leeah asked Leilani nodded and smiled slightly. “yoooo that dancer? man she bad” Trey added. The boys agreed.

“didn’t she—” Leeah started. “yup.” Lani said, a tear rolled down her face and she quickly wiped it away. “O my gosh, lani i’m so sorry i didnt mean to—” “no, im fine” lani said trying to putting on a smile. It was silent. awkwardly silent.

“guys im fine really. but we’ve been in this mall almost an hour and I havent brought ANYTHING. so lets SHOP” Lani said popping the P. “yeaa lets beez out” Britt added. every got out of their seats and started walking to different stores.

*

(Leeah’s POV)

“babeeee I was kidding” Jake pleaded. I continued ignoring him. we were in Charlotte Russe. “come on, they’re our friends! its not like I wanted them or something” he said.

“babe. babe. babe. babe” he repeated over and over again. “WHAT JACOB?!” I yelled turning to face him.

“im sorry.” he said giving me this puppy dog face. I rolled my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me.