22

I couldn't keep the small smile on my face after he had left when Daehwi called him to class. I walked back into the school building with my index finger resting on my lips, the feeling still lingering there.

My heart was still beating fast and I was pretty sure my face was tomato red. I shook my head, trying to get myself to wake up as I walked back to the nurse's office. I flinch as I walked in to see Jinyoung glaring at me, "W-what is it?"

He stood up and grabbed my arm, pulling me down to sit on the chair, "Sit down first." I laughed lightly, "But I need to get to class, I can't be late." He shook his head sternly before letting out a long sigh, "Hyerin..."

"Yeah?" I asked softly as my smile disappear when he looked down at his lap. He slowly lifted his head up and looked me in the eye and said, "I like you." It took me a moment to process that but when I realized what he had just said, I keep quiet, afraid that whatever I say will come out bad.

I gulped as he opened his mouth to continue, "For awhile now, I mean when we were little I think I might've had a crush on you but now, I know for sure I have feelings for you. I'm sorry for not being there when you were in trouble. You don't have to say anything right now, I know you're probably not feeling great about this. I don't expect an answer right now."

I didn't breathe when he stopped talking, I was too afraid to ruin his chance. He sighed quietly and looked down at his feet, "I know Woojin has a better chance than I do but I want to be closer to you. And, actually, Woojin doesn't like Yoojung, I lied. I was jealous that he was getting along with you so easily that I wanted to be like that but no matter how much I tried, I still felt distant to you. I'm sorry for being such a jerk."

He looked back up at me for a moment before he stood up with his backpack and left the nurse's office. I bit my lip out of anxiety. I felt sad for Jinyoung because I was like him too, crushing on someone who would never like you back, or at least that's what I thought.

-------

"Woojin. You should pick Woojin," Somi whispered as her eyes sparkled, "Definitely." Yoojung frowned and thought for a moment before saying, "I think you should follow your heart. But Jinyoung would be a lot happier with you by his side."

"I think so too," I jumped as Daehwi appeared right behind me, I hit him on the head once as he complained, "OW!"

"That's what you get for startling me," I pouted and glared at him as he glared back at me, "I think Jinyoung, he's a lot different with you. I don't know how he was in elementary school but when I met him in middle school, he was cold. But when he met you, he treated you differently from everyone else."

Sejeong walked over and pulled out her earplugs, "I vote Woojin. I don't know why Daehwi is siding Yoojung, he literally shipped you and Woojin together just a few days ago." He rolled his eyes and poked Sejeong's cheek, "It's because I know you will side with Somi, I don't want to be on your sIDE!"

I shook my head and pinched my nose bridge, "You guys aren't helping at all." Somi smiled and pointed at me with finger guns, "I know what will help you, let's go noraebang!"

"Help?" I sighed but gave in anyway, "Sure. But Sejeong won't be able to go, she has a date today. The two boys are in detention so yeah." Yoojung stuck up her hand, "And I can't go because of tutoring in 30 minutes."

Daehwi placed his hands on his hips and glared at me and Somi with a small smirk, "Wow, so it's only the three of us? Challenge accepted!" I rolled my eyes as I watched Somi pull Daehwi, "Come on you guys! Hurry up! If you want to get your homework done sooner, we should go now!" I let out a small laugh as I followed the two out of the school building.

Singing at the noraebang felt amazing. No matter how many times I disliked the fact that Daehwi beat me with his scores, it was still fun. It was loud and chaotic but it was fun. Watching the two of them sing and dance to bang bang bang was entertaining for the two of them looked crazy. All the stress that I had on my shoulders disappeared. And in that moment, I appreciated all my friends even more.

-------

I sighed as I walked out of class as the last bell rang and out of habit, looked for Woojin at the gate but then remembered he wasn't at school today from suspension. I walked out of the campus towards the area of cluster apartment buildings.

My hands were already sweating and I was shaking from how nervous I felt. I pulled out my phone and headphones to play music to calm myself down. After walking for a long length of time, probably 30minutes, I reached the apartment building I was looking for.

I walked up to the senior gateman and asked, "Sir, could you open the gate for me?" He smiled and laughed, pointing at me, "Are you Kim Hyerin? Ah, that young man told me to open the gate for you so I will do that right away!"

He let me into the building and I thanked him before heading to the elevator lobby. I pressed on the only button and walked into the elevator, pressing the number 7. I pull out my headphones from my phone and put them away as the elevator moved up to the level I was going to.

When the door opened up, I walked out and skimmed through the hallways for the right number above the doorbells. I pressed the doorbell at 0510 and waited for an answer as I calmed myself down. The door swung open as I flashed him a small smile as he smiled sweetly back at me. I laughed lightly at his gesture, "Good afternoon, Jinyoung."