Chapter 2

Friday I am going to retake the math test. It's been two weeks since Castiel started tutoring me. Thursday after school me and Castiel decided to meet up so he can help me study. I'm not planning on getting an A+ but hopefully I will not get a F, again.

I walk over to the bench we always work at. It's pouring down rain. I approach the bench and the soaking wet Castiel sitting on it-with his backpack on his head, trying to get somewhat shelter from the rain. "C'mon." I say sticking out a hand to help him up. He takes it, and I pull him up. We walk to the trunk of the tree so we have more protection from the rain. He puts his backpack down. "Now what?" He asks. "Go to your house?" I suggest. He shakes his head and looks down at the ground. "Nah." He says. "My turn to ask annoying questions; how come?" I ask. He laughs a bit. "Cause my dad's a bitch." He says. "Sometimes he's not though, I don't know, he's unpredictable." He finishes. "Oh." I say. "Well, I can relate to ya there." He looks back at me. "Really?" He asks. I nod. I lean into the tree more. "We could go to my home?" I say. "You sure?" He asks. "I mean, cause like before you said no...and.." He says, trailing off. "Oh, yeah. Well, my dad is...gone...so it should be okay." I say. I hope nothing that would freak him is out. "Okay."

I take off jogging to my car. "Uh...Dean!" I hear Castiel shout after me. I turn around to look at him. "Can I, y'know, get a ride?" He asks. He points over to a dark blue bike, which I guess is his. "Oh, er, sure?" I say.

******

We study in the living room for about two and a half hours. I sigh. "Hmm?" He asks, looking over at me. "I'm just tired. ..... Not tired but tired of, this." I say waving my hand over all the work. "Can we, like, take a break? And play Call Of Duty or something?" I suggest. He shrugs. "Sure."

I take the math book off my lap and set it on the coffee table. We walk to my room and I start setting up the game.

"So how'd you end up getting your car?" He asks, as we play the game. "Uh.... my dad gave it-crap-to me.-To the right!-he bought it one day and brought it home, it was an old piece of shit but we worked on it for a few years and now it's good. It was like a project." I say, getting distracted by the game at moments. "Nice." He says.

"Shit." He groans, leaning back in his chair. "Huh?" I ask. "I died, again." He says. I laugh. "Is that, what? Your fifth time dying already?" I ask. "I thought it was my eighth." He says, with a laugh too. "I don't know, I lost track. Like I said: it's been a long time since I played this game. But I swear I was like a freakin' ninja at it when I did play." He says. I look over at him, he is smirking. "Yeah well, hate to break it to ya, but I think you've lost that skill." I say, smiling-pleased with myself. He laughs. "No doubt."

It's almost eight. "You hungry?" I eventually ask. "Yeah, kinda." He says. "Alright, I'll see what we have." I say then exit the room, leaving Castiel alone.

When I walk into my room Castiel is standing over at my desk. "Here." I say, sliding a plate in front of him. "Thanks." He says, not looking up. "What's this stuff about anyways?" He asks looking at a book, something for hunting. "Er, nothing." I say, grabbing the book and tossing it at the other stack of books. Castiel looks at me, his eyes bright blue. His face says 'I know your lying' but he says; "Okay.", and looks at his food.

At around nine I drive him back to his bike, and he goes home.

******

Math is the only class me and Castiel have together.

Once the bell rings, declaring school is done for the day Castiel turns around in his seat and looks at me. "So? What did you get?" He asks. I look up at him. "I got a....F..." I say with a frown. He presses his lips together probably holding back some bitchy comment. "I'm kidding, I got a B." I say, with a small smile. "Phew, good." He says. "God, I would be so angry if you got another F." He says. "I know." I laugh.