Prologue

Several gunshots went off and Rebecca could feel her heart sink into the pit of her empty stomach. Bullets were flying everywhere and people began to scatter. Screams of pain and agony filled the parking lot. In all the panic Aunt Karen and Sarah managed to get separated from the group. Suddenly the firing ceased and Rebecca found herself face to face with the attacker. He gave her a sinister smile before firing a shot at her chest. She knew her life was coming to an end. After all the pain, the suffering, and the heartbreaks she had endured she was relieved to be set free from the roller coaster that was her life. She closed her eyes as she waited for her demise. If she was lucky, I would be swift and painless.

     A few seconds past, and it was as though the time froze in this moment. She stood there and wondered how and why she was still alive. The bullet should have pierced through her heart a while ago, yet she was unscathed. The next thing she knew, Aunt Karen dropped down to the ground coughing up blood. “Oh my God! Aunt Karen no!” she screamed as she dove to the ground beside her. While she was distracted, the masked man rushed to his car where he saw Sarah hiding behind the hood. He snatched her by the hair causing her to let out a glass shattering scream as he threw her into the car. .Without a second look back, he sped off out the parking lot and sped down the road. When the realization of what just happened dawned on her, Rebecca was at a loss for words. Not only had her Aunt just been shot, but her sister had now been kidnapped.