Preface

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to enquire about my research of the clinic which burnt down in 1945. My goal was to discover the cause of the fire, but I found something way more interesting.

When we first entered the building, everything looked normal. But after some days, we found a secret room. It wasn't really interesting since it was hard to see what the rooms were for back then. But then, I found this diary. Even though everything else had turned into ashes, this was only slightly parched. I didn't really think about it and put it in my pocket.

We continued the research but couldn't find what caused the fire many years ago. Disappointed and tired, I returned home. I then remembered the diary and decided to take a look at it. Maybe, just maybe, it would help me find out what happened. Surprisingly, it did. But it did more than that.

I have to warn you, there's a story written in it which I'm not going to forget quickly. Horrible things have happened in that clinic, and I'm wishing something like that will never happen again. I don't know how to prevent it though and I was hoping that you could help me. That's why I decided to send this diary to you, because to understand what I'm talking about, you'll have to read it yourself.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Yours faithfully,

The researcher.