First Day

Author note:

Sorry if you don't like the idea of seeing the story through my eyes but I'm not used to writing in any other perspective... Sorry.

I Walk into the school with my bag slung over one of my shoulders. The others look at my Gothic style of clothes as if it were the black plague, but I'm used to the shitty looks from those stupid trend slaves. I look at my time table to see that my class is in H block, and since I'm only studying art this semester I don't really have an option to go or not. I walk down the hall following the map.

I finally reach my class and with sore feet I open the door. I look around to see desks in rows all facing the front where a white board and what I guess is the teacher's desk by the green haired man with his focus on a pad of white paper. He hasn't noticed me yet so I manage to lift my heavy cuff boots over to a desk in the front row near the door. I sit down for a bit watching the teacher. I roll my eyes and get out my art book where I have already started a couple of designs, and my phone. I put in my ear buds and click on "Hollywood undead". I turn the music up so it blasts in my ears. I take my pencil and start to calm myself by drawing Koi fish. (photo at the end)

I debate whether to shade it or not but I notice that the teacher's desk is bare out of the corner of my eye. A black shined shoe is now present when I look down. I follow the trail from the shoe to the foot, and soon a soft touch of a hand is felt on my shoulder and I almost jump. I look to see the teacher peering at my work over my shoulder. "that's really cool." he says but I just get it over my music. I frown and rip the Koi fish out of the book. I scrunch up the paper and throw it in the bin. He looks at me confused and gets it out of the bin. He holds up the ball of paper and I take out one of the ear buds. "why did you do that?" he asks frowning in confusion. I bite my lip and look out the window not wanting to make eye contact "... You tainted my work." I say turning back to him. I look him dead in the eye making my contacts peirce his soul. He looks a bit amused and chuckles at the reason. "so me complimenting your work tainted it?" he asked a smirk. I show no emotion as well as not answering and thankfully that wipes the smirk off. "I draw for myself till the bell rings and after the bell rings I draw for you... Got it?" I say giving him a taste of what I'll be like in all of his classes this semester. He nods and scratches his chin while looking at the ball of paper in his hand. I watch him try to straighten it out and place it on the white board with magnets. "tell me: I haven't seen you before in this class and we're already halfway through the semester... What's your name?" he asks. I stare at him for a moment before answering "Moon's my tattoo artist name." I say getting my phone out and turning my music off. "what's your real name?" he asks. "I don't know." I say shrugging.

The bell rings and other students file but the teacher and I keep staring at each other both determined to not break it. The teacher does by addressing the class "morning class." he yells over the noise of everyone else getting their stuff. "good morning Jack." they all say. "Jesus... It's like primary school." I mutter. I see 'Jack' glance at me and I know he heard me. I do a small sarcastic wave and I see a spark of frustration behind his blue eyes. He stares at me before he grins and turns his attention to the rest of the class "today we'll be doing something different: I want you to draw a piece of knowledge that you think that the rest of the class would be inspired by. This will be rated by your fellow classmates, it will be due by tomorrow and you can use the time today to make a start." he finishes and the class seems to be excited by this... Except for me.

...........................