Prologue

The night beckons with extreme darkness that no one ever experienced. Rain poured in every direction, thunder rolls and lighting zaps from there to there. In the middle of it all, A small house settled with a family of four, watching Television with smiles that would surely light up the night sky, not suspecting of the fate that awaits them.

"Bong,Bong,Bong" alarmed the grandfather clock in the living room, which meant that midnight had finally arrived. The family walked towards their respective rooms, tired but happy, sealed the night with a kiss,and off they went towards their beds. Karen, the older sister of the family, went out to get some water for her little sister. Unlucky she was when she checked the fridge, she saw nothing but water dripping, realizing her sister would be thirsty all of the night, she went outside to get some. As she stepped outside of the back door. The front door on the other hand, gave a knocking sound.

"BANG!" the knocks were getting louder and louder as seconds passed by. Karen who did not realize this, entered the house, and when hearing the knocks, she hid beside the couch. The door could no longer hold the tremendous strength of the person knocking, gave up and fell down to the floor. Karen hearing this could not scream but just sit there and be quiet. 2 men entered the house, face covered with masks, and hands in their pockets. While the trespassers where there, definiitely looking for something, Karen stood by. She gave a big sigh when she forgot to bring her trusty phone. One man came across her parents' room, awakened her dad, while her dad was there staring at crook, Karen noticed his hand was holding something shiny, something that's sharp. A Knife, it was a knife. Karen, tears flowed down to her cheeks and weeping silently, watched her dad being stabbed to a pulp.Helpless, Karen could not do anything but stare at the horror.  As the man who stabbed her father came close to her mother who was sleeping pleasantly, unknown to her mom, she wasn't there to see the scary things, as the man stabbed her mother also. Karen now with red eyes from crying, located the other man, the second guy was now holding her sister, her sister gave a fight while being held. The 2 men laughed at her sister while using the knife to cut her throat off.

The night gave a loud thunder and a flash of lightning as Karen sat there, stunned and helpless. As the two men got out, she fainted.