Chapter 5- Death's Warning

Karen couldn't actually believe that her dad was working secretly, mostly, she'd always thought about her daddy was going, when asked her dad would always say "I'm going for a walk" or "I'm going to buy something", everytime she would say to go with him, he'd always have an excuse.

It was clearly dark out. But Karen still stares at the window with shattered glass so emotionally, she didn't notice Revine came up on her, "What's wrong with the daughter of the great super spy?" Revine snubbed looking with disgust at Karen, "Somehow, I'd imagine you like this." Revine laughed secretly, Karen looked at Revine with red puffy eyes, "Why do you hate me so much?" wiping off a tear from her cheek,"Well, I did want to be the greatest that ever lived, but your dad simply took it away from my grip" Revine's voice trailed off when she said "took". Karen inhaled deeply, stood up, straightened her shirt and was planning to say something, but sickly as she is, she just continued to walk to the Big Room. "Hey! Hey Karen!" Karen turned around and saw Jherick running to her with energy, "What has happened to you in these past few hours, I've been looking for you everywhere" Jherick was nervous but at the same time had a very concerned voice, "Well, Saim and Melvin are still working with something, those two really don't actually separate when working with anything," Karen smiled but turned away sadly to the soft red couch.

Morning came and the alarms went off, but sparks was still coming through the Big Room, Karen who now has eye bags, just sat there looking at the heavily painted wall so sad that she didn't notice Jherick come up, "Hey! you didn't sleep?" Jherick was now differently dressed from his usual agent gear, he now wears blue-striped pajamas and a night cap, still looking tired, he'd always yawn for about a minute or so, "Just came to make sure you were completely safe, Melvin, Saim and Revine can't look after you after all because of work, I was assigned to be with you every step of your way" Jherick yawned and scratched his eyes and sat beside Karen, "So, what're you planning after..you know... the... er...accident?" Jherick can't say it out loud, then for the first time in twenty four hours Karen spoke, "Why didn't you tell me about this? I could have stopped my dad from doing this... this silly thing" she started crying, Jherick tried to comfort her but her crying only made it worst "I didn't told you because I cared about your well being, if you knew about this job, you'd get panicky and would try to go with your dad" Jherick expalined slowly so that Karen could understand, "I promised to keep you safe, that's what your father told me", Jherick stood up and walked away staring back at Karen at the couch weeping.

Night wandered off again, and Karen still can't get the feelings healed at a time. Exactly at midnight, a gong sounded from one place of the building, "What the freaking heck was that?" Melvin asked turning to Saim "I don't know exactly, I didn't even install something that would sound as a gong" Saim lifted his goggles and examining the sound, "why is that there anyway?". Karen knew the sound exactly, somehow a strange connection between her and the sound, she hurriedly stood and charged to the room where it has sounded, "NO!! It couldn't!" Karen looked stunned as she saw a grand father clock similar to the one they had at home, "then after this, OH NO!" she charged back at the Big Room, "Guys! Come on let's get out of here before...." the lights went out and Karen screamed with fear, the lights came up shortly and the four of them; Karen, Jherick, Melvin aand Saim was staring at a bloodied body, the body of Revine..