Prompt #19

Prompt: Can you please do a prompt of when Leon and Brennan tell their families that they're adopting? I'd love to see their reactions, especially the Constance family's

----------------------------------------------

                The doorbell rang and I pulled it open. Mom pushed me out of the way so she and dad could get in the house.

                "Welcome to you too," I grumbled.

                "Do I have to deal with Leon's shithead brother tonight?" mom said.

                "This is a bad night to pick a fight with him," I said. "Keep your temper in check, woman."

                "Coming from you," she said, shaking her head. "A grown man and you still can't watch that damn mouth of yours."

                "Of course he can't watch it," dad said. "He'd have to look in a mirror to do that. Eyes don't work that way, Elena."

                "I swear it's like I'm raising two children," mom said, taking dad's hand and leading him into the house.

                The Constance family, punctual as always, was already sitting in the living room. We'd invited our families up for dinner and drinks (I don't care how classy anyone said George Constance was, that dude loved wine and totally got wine drunk at home and no one was going to convince me otherwise).

                Currently, everyone was settled in the living room, passing around drinks and pizza on paper plates. This wasn't one of the formal dinners Leon liked to invite our families up for from time to time. We'd both been a little too nervous to cook tonight.

                Once my parents were seated with food and wine, Leon and I took our seats on the couch. We looked at each other and nodded.

                "Thanks for coming, everyone," Leon said. He looked absolutely exhausted, having tossed and turned all night. The only reason he hadn't gotten out of bed to go be a nervous mess in his study is because I wouldn't let him. "Brennan and I asked you here for a reason. We have an announcement."

                "Chug that wine, Constance. You're going to need it," I said, wincing when Leon elbowed me in the side.

                "Brennan and I have decided to start our own family," Leon said, taking my hand in his. I squeezed it, feeling the way he was trembling. Even after all these years, he was still nervous his family would reject him for doing normal things just because he was a gay man.

                "Kids?" my mom said in surprise.

                "Yea mom, we're just going to have 87 kids by tomorrow," I said. "You caught me, damn."

                "That's wonderful news!" Abby said, looking excited. Leon was the only one who hadn't given her grandkids yet.

                "Lee, don't look so nervous," Caroline said. "You don't have to ask for permission to start a family or anything. I just invited you all over and told you I was pregnant. Little late to ask for permission at that point. You're a married adult and this is your decision."

                "What will you do about the Academy? It's the middle of the year," Adam said.

                "Can you get your head out of the Academy's ass for three seconds, Adam?" I said. "Besides, Caroline is there if Leon needs time off. He handled the Academy when she was out on maternity leave. And I'm around too. I'll take time off of work."