Remember, Remember

It all happened the day before, when they were making their way to the Moonflow. They battled long and hard, but never expected what happened next. They finished a couple of battles and hopped on a Chocobo for a long ride to the outskirts of the Moonflow.

" Alright. It's walking distance to the Moonflow now. Lets let these Chocobos loose." Auron called behind him to the others following.

"But Auron, won't they get lost?" Tidus said leaping off his Chocobo.

Auron shook his head. " They are birds, they have a great sense of direction. They won't get lost.

Tidus shrugged and gave his a pat on the neck and let loose of the reigns. The Chocobo gave a soft chirp and scurried off with the rest of them. The group turned and started their trek to Macalania via the Moonflow. Wakka looked around and began complaining.

"Do we have to walk to the Moonflow, Chocobos woulda been nice." He said rubbing his hand through his orange hair.

Lulu kept walking but acknowledged him. " Will you stop complaining. You do that a lot lately."

"Do not." Wakka bantered back.

Lulu rolled her eyes. Suddenly, they realized they were being attacked. It was Al-Bhed. There were 10 and one behemoth of a creature. Before anything was done. Rikku gave a loud shout.

"Fyed!" She called ( Wait!")

Everyone froze except the one Behemoth. It lunged at the group but Auron fended it off before it could do any damage. He pushed back the creature and started to wear it down.

" Rikku, Cdyht pylg, E tuh'd fyhd oui du kad rind!" a scruffy Al-Bhed yelled back. (Rikku, stand back, I don't want you to get hurt!)

Rikku walked up to him and nudged him hard in the chest.

" Buddy, fryd yna oui tuehk rana?" She asked ( Buddy, what are you doing here?)

Buddy looked to Yuna, then to back to Rikku. Before he could get anything out of his mouth. A yelp of pain was heard. Tidus turned thinking Auron had defeated the monster. But saw his friend fly across the battleground.

"Auron!" Tidus yelled but it seemed an unearthly yell. Something unnatural.

Lulu cast Thundaga and killed the fell creature. Tidus was already by his fallen friends side. Wakka ran to him and watched Aurons sword fall into the Moonflow, breaking the stillness of the water. Tears streamed from Yunas eyes as she watched the life slowly leave his body.

"Auron!" Tidus called trying to stop the bleeding at his side.

Auron reached up and wiped the tears from his eyes. Then gave a vague smile.

"You must go on. Make sure Yuna gets to the final temple." He said, his voice raspy with pain.

Everyone was gathered around him now and the Al-Bhed had fled to somewhere unknown. Wakka looked on in horror, Rikku paced back and forth, Kimahri stood holding Yuna letting her cry in his arms and Lulu watched as Tidus tried to keep his friend from dying.

" Lulu, can't you or Yuna cast a healing spell?" He urged.

Lulu looked to Tidus and then to the wound and then back to Tidus.

" That wound is a mortal one. It may become infected if Yuna heals it and there is still the possibility he could die." She said solemnly.

Tidus looked to Lulu, then to Yuna and back to Auron. This man he loved as a father was now dying in his arms. This couldn't have been happening. He was waiting to be woken from this dream.

"Tidus, it is over. You must carry on." Auron said with a struggled final breath. And with that he passed on.

Tidus began to sob uncontrollably. It truly was over. The guardians had nothing to live for anymore. The heart and soul of this group was gone. Dead in an instant. So that was it. Yuna was forced to send a beloved member to the Farplane. As she danced the dance of the Sending, tears streamed from her eyes. Aurons body bursted into what seemed a million pyreflies. They all stood there at the Moonflows edge staring into the sunset. Yuna was the first to break the neverending silence.

"Let us make haste, We have lost much time. I believe Auron would have wanted us to go on."

Tidus nodded, and proceeded to the shoopuff but went back one last time to pay his respects. Lulu brought up the rear but after a few moments noticed Tidus wasn't with the group. She told the rest she would be back and walked up next to Tidus.

"Come, we have delayed Yuna long enough. We must make our way to Macalania Temple."

Tidus nodded and walked slowly to the shoopuff, climbing aboard slowly. He stood for but a moment and sat down looking at each member of the party. Seeing their reactions to what just happened