Chapter 21

For the love of Uchiha, where the hell are the boys?!

Sakura stormed down to the lake grasping a spoon, preparing to pull a Rin and chuck it to any... unwilling people.

Carrying the spoon, she barged her way in the lake clearing. "Have I not made it clear that it's time for your chores--"

A sudden wind.

Then, a rush of black fire.

Sakura yelped as she ducked from the black fire, the trees behind her setting fire. Guy doused the flames with more than one very large bucket of water.

Sakura swallowed.

Sasuke sat in front of her, gasping. "Jesus- uhm- I didn't realize that you guys were p-practicing," Sakura stuttered. She touched her hair, almost not believing that she had almost been set on fire... by her own husband.

Sasuke was clutching his eyes, still gasping as if he had no air. Sakura dropped her spoon as she rushed over to him, putting a hand on his back. "S-Sasuke... are you okay? Sasuke?" He said nothing as he just groaned.

"...at me..."

Sakura leaned in. "What was tha--" Sasuke pushed her away, still gripping his eyes. "Don't- don't look at me."

Kakashi suddenly appeared. "Sakura... you've got to be careful." The pink-haired Uchiha swallowed. "Ye-yeah, I kind of figured that out a minute ago," she laughed nervously.

Suddenly, Sasuke shook her arm off as he stumbled over to the lake. "Is... is he okay?" Sakura asked, concerned. She and Kakashi watched as Sasuke walked blindly to the lake and dropped in front of it, splashing water madly onto his eyes.

"He..." Kakashi faltered. "He's really been pushing it." Sakura looked at Kakashi pleadingly. "It's only been three weeks since he started- and he's gotten to this stage? Kakashi, I'm afraid he might go blind!"

Kakashi sighed. "That's... that's a definite possibility." Sakura held his arm as Sasuke stumbled around, still rubbing at his eyes. They were smoking just a bit. "Kakashi, promise me something."

"Yes?"

"Please keep him within his limits. And," she moistened her lips with worry, "stop him completely from the training if he mentions any eye problems. The pain he's feeling right now looks excruciating."

Kakashi looked down. "I..."

"Promise me."

The white-haired Hatake sighed. "I promise." Sakura let go of his arm, relieved. "Thank you."

Sakura got up, and headed to Sasuke. "Hey, are you oka--"

"Sakura, don't get close." Sasuke's handsome features were masked with pain as he faced the wrong direction, apparently thinking that he was facing her. "Get away from me. No. I'll only hurt you."

Sakura approached from behind as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sasuke, calm down- I'm not going to get hurt-"

"I said get away!" he yelled before she jumped and fell back, the force of his voice and words scaring her for a second. "Don't you get it," he mumbled, finally taking his hands off of his face.

"Just leave me alone while I'm like this." His voice was ice-cold.

Sakura blinked before turning around. "I... fine," she said, voice cracking.

"Thanks. Go back."

Sasuke waited until her footsteps were gone. He let out a ragged breath before he dropped to the ground again.