Starting From Scratch.

We suffered a major loss. There were twenty non-combatants reported dead, the place was scorched, and the IMC made themselves at home on territory they took. No one would even dare attack Harmony, not unless it was a death sentence. But they were ready to take Nexus and they new we weren't heavily defended. But they won't stop at Nexus, they'll take over the whole planet if they get the chance. I held Anina in my arms the entire way there, thinking about keeping here near me so I could protect her. I lost everything, I wasn't planning on loosing her to. We made our landing at Briggs' command center and departed. As we went through the launch bay I saw all of our people sitting around licking their wounds and trying to figure out what happened. They were lucky to have made it out, if we waited until the AA guns were gone, there would be a lot more bodies everywhere. Briggs came up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Can I see you both in my office." She said.

"Of course Commander, please give us a moment." I said.

Briggs let us be as we went around making sure everyone had what they needed. A warriors duty is to protect his people and his home. I have failed one of those but I'm glad only twenty were lost instead of two hundred. When we finished passing out medical supplies and sleeping bags we proceeded up to Commander Briggs' quarters and sat down to have a chat with her.

"I would like to thank you for the service you have done. Many people owe you there lives today."

"But some lives were taken as well, they snuck up right under us, why didn't we get any help?"

"We didn't know you were in need of help until the first ship got here. And as soon as we were able to get over there..."

"That's no excuse, my people needed help, and I was the last resort, where were you when we needed you?" I said in anger.

"Gunther." Said Anina as she squeezed my hand, I had overstepped my bounds. I took a deep breath and returned to Briggs conversation.

"Apologizes Commander Briggs, I meant no disrespect, but I must ask what we are doing here."

"We're a little short on pilots, ever since the battle of Typhon we had our forces spread a little thin. We are in need of capable pilots to fill our ranks, and I was impressed with what you to accomplished with two outdated titans, I believe you two have what it takes."

"I didn't want to get involved in this war, but I'll be damned if I don't help finish it. I will join you but I have demands that need to be met."

"And they are?"

"I want a briefing of every new titan the IMC can throw at us, all units and infantry. Second I want parts of the titans I ask from you, I only operate with the tech I build. Lastly I want full compensation of any weaponry I choose."

"We'll see what we can do, go down to the training grounds and ask for EM421. He's in charge of training the new recruits."

"Thank you Mrs. Briggs." Said Anina.

"We'll be seeing each other soon." I said.

"Best of luck to both of you."
And
We made our way out of her office and proceeded down to the training grounds and asked to see EM421. He looked somewhat like a stim bot but with a lighter chassis, and had animal tails hanging from he back of his head. He carried a double barrel sniper rifle of sorts and a RE-45 pistol. He specialized in long range engagements, he was a camper on the battlefield, damn bastard. He stopped his recruits and then line up and introduced us in true military fashion.

"Well look who decided to come in last minute, the prestigious fighters of Commander Briggs. Go ahead and line up."

We did as he asked and lined up with the other recruits. He walked down the line and decided to say.