War Came Knocking!

This war has been going on for six years and wasn't going to end anytime soon. Ever since humans were created, we wanted to explore the unknown. The IMC wanted to find a new place to call home, they traveled across the stars with their cruisers filled with people looking to start a new. Thousands of souls settled on the outer worlds and the IMC left believing they failed their experiment. When they returned they saw that the worlds they left were flourishing, and they wanted that for themselves. They came and asked for our lands and to take our resources, but we refused. When they didn't get what they wanted, they brought their guns and took everything by force.

War waged across the worlds with the IMC mostly seizing control, with the Ogres holding their ground, Atlases storming settlements and Stryders swiftly seizing victory. They swarmed across the frontier with their Titans, specters, and grunts, but some of us weren't going down without a fight. The Militia decided to push back at the IMC, stealing their Machinery and turning it against them. The Militia took back and held the Planet Harmony making it their base of operations, building their army to combat the IMC. Militia pilots began recapturing settlements and freed the grasp of the IMC. A quarter of the Frontier belonged to us once more but the IMC still had tricks up their sleeves. New Titans and war machines were developed by Hammond Robotics to give them an edge, but the Militia wasn't far behind. They made their own titan, the Vanguard, the most versatile titan ever built. The Vanguard Titans were the frontline force that was built to survive instead of being expendable. Heros such as Sarah Briggs, Jack Cooper, Barker, and Commander Gates have led the fight for us against Kuben Blisk's mercs and General Marder.

I lived peacefully on a planet far in the system in a town called Nexus, a backwater Militia agricultural outpost, where I was a lumber farmer taking in trees and crops with my Ogre class titan, Red. Red and I were muscle for the people of the outpost and were ready for a fight when needed, we just didn't know that the fight was going to come to us.

"Put those logs in the warehouse Gunther, that should be the last ones we need." said the foreman.

"You got it!" I said pointing at the logs to Red.

I grabbed some baskets of crops and made my way over to the warehouse to finish our harvest. I set the baskets down and headed back out with Red. We asked the foreman if he needed anything else before heading home, he said we were all set. We made our way home, while I rode on Red's shoulder. I had Red make his way to his area and told him to clean his weapon as I usually asked, it kept him busy for the night. I proceeded inside and was greeted by Anina, my love.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" she asked.

"Long, but good, and what were you doing today?" I asked.

"I was out on patrol with Strife, and as usual there was no hostile activity, I don't understand why we go on patrols, it's not like the IMC is going to be out here."

"What makes you so sure?" I said grabbing some food.

"Well, we have a good amount of drop ships here and two huge AA guns protecting us, along with the two pilots and us to deal with. It would be a fool's errand."

"Well put it that way, and it sounds like you could take on the whole IMC fleet. We take these precautions because if we didn't, we would never know if the IMC was right under our noses. Plus it gives something for you to do."

She shot me a glare after my snide comment. I simply shrugged and smiled. She gave me a nice knock on the shoulder to ensure her point got across. She continued with her cooking and said:

"Go on and wash up, dinner will be ready soon."

I headed to our bedroom and made my way to the shower. I got out of my work clothes and washed away all the sweat and dirt on me. After that, I proceeded to the kitchen and sat down to have dinner with Anina. We ate and chatted until the night came upon us. We cleaned up the table and began to make our way to bed, but something caught my eye. There was something moving outside but I couldn't make it out. I made my way over to our window to see if I could get a better look. I looked very thoroughly, hoping to spot something. Anina came over to me and asked: