Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Not edited. Sorry.

Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

Alex knows. She knows about my little habit. I need to be careful around her, I know that as my best friend, all she wants is my contentment and good health but I’ve gotten myself too deep into this and getting out of it is not that easy.

All I need to do is wear shirts with sleeves long enough to cover my cuts and marks, but I don’t really have too many long-sleeved tops. Ugh, I need to go shopping. A few months ago I would have been extremely giddy to do so, but right now, I have no interest or patience.

I walk into an empty house. Dad’s at work and Rosy is having a sleepover at her friends, she’s doing okay, I’m proud of my little sister. I don’t even care about Dylan anymore; he does the same thing every night anyway.

My stomach starts to grumble, skipping lunch was not a good idea. I look for something edible in the refrigerator when the landline rings. “Hello?” I say, balancing the phone in between my shoulder and ear while my hands try to juggle two oranges. 

“Hello Jenny,” my dad responds on the other line. “I’m having an old friend and his family over for dinner; could you go grocery shopping for me?”

“Sure,” I reply and hold the phone properly since the oranges are now on the floor due to my lack of skills in juggling. “Who’s the friend?”

My dad chuckles on the other line, “He wants it to be a surprise, he asked me not to tell.”

I sigh, “Okay, what do I have to get?”

He gives a list and I decide to walk instead of cycling. I plug in my earphones and listen to music on the way. I reach the supermarket and Carl, an employee who also goes to my school waves at me and I offer him a smile and get to work. When I’m about half-way done I feel someone tug one of earphone I look up into a pair of dark brown eyes.

“Hey,” Dean smirks, “fancy running into you here.”

 “Hi,” shuffle my feet awkwardly, “yeah, just doing some shopping.”

He smiles, flaunting his dimples. “You don’t talk much do you?” he asks while grabbing two boxes of snickers and putting it into his cart.

“I was taught not to talk to strangers, sorry.” He chuckles and grabs two more boxes. I smile and continue my shopping and go looking for some peanut butter.

Dean looks into my cart, “That’s a lot of frozen pizzas,” he comments. I just had to roll my eyes at that, there were only like five of them.

“Coming from a guy who has around sixty bars of snickers in his carts,” I point out, “planning on hibernating or something?”

He laughs, “Nope, just a guy who loves snicker and doesn’t give a shit out his health.”

I look at him with wide eyes, “So, you’re telling me that all of thatis for you?”

He nods with a grin, “All of it,” he shrugs, “I don’t like sharing.”

I turn away, shaking my head, “God help you,” I mutter under my breath. I grab a few packets of chips in the next section when I noticed that Dean followed me.

“I know what you’re thinking,” he starts, “how the hell does the guy maintain his hot bod?”

I let out a small giggles and look at him pointing both his thumbs at himself, he doesn’t have a ‘muscular scary bodyguard’ figure, and he’s lean and tall but still manages to look hot. “Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude but you don’t really have a hot bod.”