Chapter Three

As soon as we arrived in the locker room, I helped Ash find his locker... Which happened to be right next to mine.

"What great luck!" Ash said, after he learned that his locker was right next to mine.

"Why is that great luck?" I asked, curious to hear what Ash would say.

"Because..." Ash said, as he tried to open his locker, "Now you can help me open my locker! It just won't open!" Ash yelled in frustration.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Here, do you want some help?" I offered.

"Sure, thanks." Ash said, before moving, and letting me open his locker.

"How do you do that? How can you open lockers with ease? Are you using some dark magic?" Ash jokingly asked.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." I jokingly answered.

"Guess that makes sense." Ash said, before pulling off his shirt.

Eep! Don't think dirty... Don't think dirty...

"Well? Aren't you going to get dressed?" Ash asked, as he took off his pants.

"... Yeah..." I replied, before starting to get undressed.

That's so odd. I never think dirty, so why are these thoughts coming to me now?!

After we were both dressed in our gym clothes, we headed into the gym, where everyone was walking around the gym; our normal warm-up before our warm-up run and stretches.

As we were walking, I saw Serena talking to Calem; the most popular male student in the school, and Serena's on and off boyfriend.

This worries me for some reason... Not sure why though...

"Ash, just so you're aware, I'm not very athletic, so when we start the warm-up run, it's fine if you want to leave me." I said.

After all, that's what they all end up doing; leaving me.

"Oh, that's no problem. Clemont, you're my best friend. True, I may have only known you for a few hours, but I can't just abandon you." Ash said, shocking me.

I nodded happily, for I was at a loss for words.

"Alright students, it's time for the warm-up run. And remember, no walking!" Our gym teacher said, before setting a five-minute timer on the scorer thing they use for games up on the wall.

Students started running, including Ash and I. Ash quickly got ahead of me. I tried to keep up, but it was no use.

...I knew he'd leave me...

As I was turning, I saw that Ash had slowed down enough for me to catch up to him.

"Ash, it's okay. You can go on ahead." I said.

"Nah, I'm fine just where I am. If this is your pace, then it's my pace too." Ash said with a fiery determination.

... Ash really is too sweet...

After our five-minute run, we all sat down to stretch. Ash was seated in a random place, out of my view.

Stretches... one of the few things physically-related that I'm good at. I'm quite flexible. That's why gymnastics is my favorite section in gym. But, of course, people would make fun of me, so I just pretend to be bad.

"Today we will be playing basketball. If you don't want to play, then you can go to the track, and run laps." The gym teacher said.

I then stood up, and searched for Ash.