Chapter 6

~Vanitas' pov.~

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                  Super giant several month time gap

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's amazing how one's life can change so much in only a few months. (y/n) has fully healed and is a far better fighter than when he began. She is now able to conquer swarms of enemies with no trouble at all. I too have grown stronger in my own way. With (y/n) by my side, I feel myself gaining more energy per day. Before meeting her, I would go through my days living for no one other than my master. But now I find myself living for (y/n) and for myself more. I've been cautious not to show this side to master Xehanort this change in my heart. It would be more convenient for him if I were a mindless zombie. I've had also been experiencing a new feeling of wanting. I yearn for the day (y/n) and I can be free from the shackles of our master. I still have not shown my true face to (y/n) because I am afraid that she may be repulsed by the darkness that covers it. The darkness Xehanort placed there. But until we reach that freedom away from this prison, (y/n) and I must obey our master and complete his missions. Similar to the events happening today. Xehanort has called us to his office to discuss plans for a new mission. After dressing myself in the necessary gear, I make my way to (y/n) room. I knock on the door and hear her voice from the room "Don't come in, I'm still changing! I'll be out in a minute" she calls out. I chuckle at how much she has changed; no longer fearful of being late. She opens the door and walked into the hallway. The master has given (y/n) a battle suit similar to mine but much more feminine. (y/n) also, has a small mask of her own to shield her identity while on missions. It always shocks me how amazing she looks. "Earth to Vanitas? Are we going to go or are you just going to keep staring at me?" she asks while waving her hands in front of my face. "Oh, s-sorry. Let's go" I said, snapping out of my gaze. We both teleport to the master's office and stand at attention as he addresses us. " Today's mission is of the utmost importance. Failure is not an option" Xehanort booms as we stay silent. "Today the two of you will travel to the Land of Departure to infiltrate Eraqus' castle. Eraqus has been hiding information about the key blade war from me. It is your duty to uncover that information for me" he explained with a serious appearance, unlike the grin he usually has. He hands each of us a radio like device. "Due to the size of the castle, you will split up to search it. (y/n), you will take the east wing, and Vanitas will take the west wing. Who ever will find it first will contact the other with this device. Once you are regrouped, you will return here. Avoid being noticed by Eraqus or his pupils.That is all. Begin as soon as possible" he finished as he turned his back to us. We both bowed to him and exited the room. Once we were in the hallway, (y/n) turned to me. "This seems like a difficult mission. I'm a bit worried" she said quietly so the master would not hear. We started walking away from the office so we could talk easier. "As long as we move quickly, everything should be fine. All we have to do get in, quickly search every room, and get out" I said with confidence to make (y/n) feel better. "Ok, but you make it sound easy," she said with a small smile.