Chapter 5

As soon as we leave the initiate dorm, and Eric has left, I say to Tobias, "Okay, well I need to go meet Christina at her apartment. But, I will see you at 7:00, right?"

"Yes, I will pick you up at your place."

I stand on my toes and give him a kiss before I rush off to Christina's apartment. When I get there, I knock on the door and she quickly answers. 

"Are you ready to go?" I ask. 

"Of course," she says as she closes and locks her apartment door behind her.

"So where are we going first?" 

"I thought we could go shop for clothes first, then shoes. Oh, and there is a place I want to stop to get some more make-up."

"Sounds good. I have to be done around 6:00. I am going to dinner with Four at 7:00 and I need some time to get ready before we go."

"That sounds fun, where are you going?"

"I don't know," I say. "He hasn't told me yet."

"You seem really happy with him, you know," she says.

"I am happy with him, very happy," I say and can't keep a small smile from spreading across my face. "How are you and Will doing?"

"Really well, actually. Not to seem desperate, or clingy or anything, but I honestly don't know what I would do without him."

"I know how you feel," I say.

When we arrive at the first store, there aren't very many people there. We first pick out some jeans, black pants, and mostly black tops. But then, Christina insists that I at least try on some dresses. I try about three on that don't fit very well. Then I try on a completely black dress that has an open back and long sleeves. It stops right before it would hit my knee. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I step out of the dressing room to hear Christina's opinion. 

"Tris, you look amazing!" She exclaims, "Do you like it?"

"Yes, I think it's perfect," I say with a a smile.

"Well, we should definitely get that for you, but I would also like to try a few on," she says.

I sit outside the dressing rooms on a small bench while I wait for her to try the dresses on. She first emerges in a dark purple, lace dress that is a little too short for my taste, but it looks great on her. She also gets a black floor-length one and one more dress that looks almost like mine. 

Next, we go to a store nearby that only sells shoes. As we are looking through the racks, Christina says, "Do you remember the first time I took you shopping? It was right at the beginning of initiation."

"Yes, I remember. I was kind if miserable," I say with a slight laugh.

"I honestly thought that you were never going to walk into another store with me," she says, laughing back. 

"I thought the same."

"Here, I want you to try these on," she says and hands me a pair of heels that will raise me at three inches off the ground.

"Um, I don't think I could walk in those, Christina."

"You could practice," she says.

I try the shiny black shoes on and they fit perfectly. 

"See? They're perfect!"

I end up buying the shoes and Christina gets a pair that is even taller than mine. We both also buy a few pairs of black tennis shoes. Lastly, we go o a store specifically for make-up. Christina buys a few things and forces me to buy a couple of things as well.