Part 3

Now, daddy has decided to do the same. But he didn't want to leave us behind. He somehow got in touch with a smuggler who could help us cross the sea by boat. Aunt Tima promised us to pay for this trip. We were feeling fortunate to have such a generous aunt who helped us in every difficult time of our lives. Daddy said us to get ready. Me and Gallop asked him where were we going? He told us I am going to take you on a nice boat trip. I will take you to the Europe. Our happiness was beyond words. I was happy, celebrating with Gallop. I was thinking to enjoy the trip of a boat.

I noticed that mummy was not happy. She was worried about something. A week left in our departure when daddy asked her why is she sad? What is bothering her? After a long patience, our good time has arrived, then why is she looking so nervous? She hide her teary face in her hands and said: I am scared of water. I don't know how to swim, if something bad happened. Daddy tried to calm her by saying 'be strong! Nothing is going to happen.' But mummy was fearing. She said what if boat will flip? What will happen if we get into water? He said we will have life jackets, we will be fine. And it will take only half an hour to reach there. But mummy was not satisfied. This was the only choice we had. We can't let daddy go alone. We can't live here without him. Only one option... cross the river together.

The day has arrived... the day in which we were going to take the biggest risk of our life. I got ready and wore red shirt, blue jeans and sneakers. This was my favourite dress. At 3am we reached at the beach from where we had to take our boat. We were not alone. Many people were there, Everyone with their stories. Smugglers asked us to hide behind the bushes and wait for a boat to arrive. Everyone was extremely nervous. After sometimes, a rubber boat arrived. We moved towards boat. The water was crystal clear and the weather was very cold. I was excited for the boat trip. I was asking Gallop let's go... get in the boat... i was really happy. But i saw many children were crying, perhaps they were afraid of the boat. But i wasn't.

Daddy pointed towards a far land and told us that we were going there. It will take only half an hour. Daddy called Aunt Tima and told her the entire situation. She wished us good luck.

The boat was made for eight people, but we were 20. It was over-crowded. Everyone in the boat was desperate to reach the Greek Island. There were infants, toddlers, young and old, each age group was there in the boat. And then, smuggler said it's time to go... the boat went into the water. Some people were talking, some laughing but most people were praying to reach safely. The boat was moving and water started getting into the boat. We got sprayed by water. Everyone in the boat were wearing life jackets. I said to Gallop see this water is very cold. But he was sitting very scared.

It took only one minute to destroy everything. Everything was normal but after five minutes of our departure, a tragedy happened which had changed the entire story. All of a sudden, we got hit by a big wave of water. Our little boat could not bear the heavy wave and unfortunately flipped upside down. There were the screams of people. Everyone was trying to rescue their lives. I was about to lose my conscious. I wanted to cry, I wanted to call my mother, I wanted to ask my father for help. But I was caught by the monstrous wave of water. The cruel cold water wave was crushing and throwing me here and there. My body was freezing. I was in distress and was sinking. My energy was depleting. I felt someone was trying to hold me. He was my daddy. He was trying desperately to hold me but waves were pushing me down. He tried to push me up, he was screaming and yelling at me: Please don't die. I was losing my breaths. I think I was dying. Yes! I was dying with Gallop and mummy. I was going to leave my daddy behind, alone. It was the end... It was the end of my laugh, it was the end of my dreams... It was the end of my world. End of Aylan Kurdi.

The life jackets didn't help in saving us. They were all fake. My mummy's fear had come true. She has left too. My entire family has finished. I don't know who is responsible for all this tragedy. The ones who were killing and destroying my country, or the ones who had rejected our application or the smuggler who took people on this terrible journey or the one who had made these fake life jackets.

My entire life was full of trials and troubles. I always think why these humans are so heartless. Why they don't end this war? Why they don't stop killing us? There are many Aylan Kurdis who lost their lives in such sufferings. Some Aylan has dead by the rockets, some has dead by firing, some has lost their lives during dangerous journey of sea. I hope my heart wrenching photograph will open the eyes of governments. Maybe they will feel to do something for us. Maybe they will try to end the war. May be my story will change something....

Newsroom-Morning

Good day! And welcome to the Bbc News. It's the September 3rd and the top story is heart wrenching picture of lifeless body washed ashore on a Turkish beach. Aylan Kurdi, was found in sneakers, blue shorts and a red shirt. He died along with 5-year-old brother and his mother, leaving their distressed father, Abdullah, to cope with his sudden loss. Kurdi was photographed face-down at the water's edge throws global spotlight on refugee crisis. 

The End