{Chapter 7}

As I looked at Joe he was calming down Brooklyn, he had the biggest smile on his face ever and to be quite frank the smile was the exact same as Brooklyn...

I always thought about him every time she smiled and that's probably why I've never got over him because I see him in her. The way she laughs and the way she smiles reminds me of him...

So okay, you're probably judging as to why I never told him sooner, but I didn't know what he was going to be like and I never thought that he would even like Brook let alone love her. And the one person standing in the way was also now walking towards me... Nelle...

She did not look very happy at all, she had an awful outfit on, she had a really mini pink skirt on with a white blouse and really heavy make up on... she hadn't changed a bit from school. Nelle and I always used to do everything together, she used to come over to my house and bake cakes with Mum and me... and then when I went to my dads she'd come round and sleepover and we'd stay up and play Lara croft on the PlayStation 2...

But now, there's nothing, after college she stopped speaking to me... she said how I'd changed and she didn't like me anymore because I'd grown up... the real truth is she didn't like it that I no longer wanted to be in bath I wanted to go to a university to get a degree or at least try...

She would go out drinking all night at the weekend and would always invite me out and try and get me to take someone home all the time it was no fun drinking with Nelle. Only when she was sober she was the fun one out of us. I missed them days...

As Nelle approached me I started to dread what was going to come out of her mouth. I could see her face screwing up but then she looked away from me and saw Joe. Instantly she changed her direction and was walking toward Joe.

As she got there I heard her say...

Nelle: What are you doing?

Joe: I'm holding Brooklyn...

Nelle: Why she might be your child but your not leaving me...

Joe: What? How do you know that...

Nelle: Know what?!?!?

Joe: What do you mean? Are you being serious!

Nelle: What are you talking about I didn't say anything!

Joe: For goodness sake Nelle, for once in your whole life tell the truth if you have any sense about you and actually care for this innocent sweet child!!!

Nelle: Whatever... I had access to your phone... I saw messages and phone calls off an American number and the fact that it was about a baby and that you had run off with someone I kinda figured so what did I do... I blocked that number...

Joe: But why? I was going to find out eventually!

Nelle: I did it because I know you were only with me because you spiralled out of control and in all theory I knew I was the rebound... and if you had known that Brooklyn was your baby you would have left me... but actually it worked out pretty well... You dropped your phone in water and damaged it so you asked for a new phone and I got you a new number... See I might look dumb but I have a bit of a brain...

Joe: How could you? That's bang out of order Nelle! I could have been there from the start! For my child!! You are horrible and I wish I would have never laid eyes on you!!

Eliza: Are you serious?

Nelle: 110% darling!

Eliza: You bitch!

Before I could think I slapped her face and ran out of the door, into the garden I didn't quite know where Beau was at this point but I knew he'd be around here somewhere...

As I was sitting out in the back garden someone approached me... it was Caspar...

Caspar: Hey Liz you okay?

Lizzie: Yeah I'm alright I just wish I had known sooner and I would have told him somehow you know?

Caspar: Yeah frustrating right but you have been such a good Mum and she doesn't deserve Joe she's so horrible and manipulative and she knows how to push Joe over the edge...

Just then Beau walked out but was behind a skinny girl with brown hair... he couldn't see me I was at the back of the garden and he was by the doors... he talked to her for a while... I mean come on by that time Caspar had told me all his shocking jokes and was saying them again...

Just then he leaned in for a kiss, what? Why?

Why was this happening to me, of all nights why this night? I'm just not meant to be happy...