My Roots <2>

Falling.

That was the first thing her mind registered. She was falling, and around her she saw many bright colours belonging to her memories, passing by too fast to see more the blobs of colour. She was unaware when she'd hit the bottom, but she figured it was depending on how many memories had been sealed away. She could faintly see Inoichi's falling form somewhere above her. She didn't know how long she was falling, but she hoped that she couldn't feel damage from a sudden stop in her mindscape. And then she could see it. The bottom. Approaching swiftly, and then, she hit it.

Black.

~¤~

I

noichi woke up still in 2081's mindscape. Standing,  he looked around, easily spotting her, already awake and staring at something. The first thing he noticed, was she was back in her ROOT uniform. The second thing he noticed was that she was translucent. He was translucent.
He remembered his father mentioning something about this. 'So, these are her memories...' He thought, walking forward to see what she was staring at.

A baby in a crib. And somehow, Inoichi knew this was 2081. She was young, maybe a few days at most. And then there was a woman standing over her, with long silky red hair, and warm brown eyes. The baby reached for her, gurgling and laughing as the woman tickled her stomach. "You will grow into a fine young woman, Yuna, I'm sure of it." Inoichi heard 2081 gasp at that. Suddenly there was a man in the room, with the same bright red hair, but with indigo eyes. "Come now, we must go, Kushina's send off party us about to begin.

The memory faded away, and a new one took it's place. Now, the baby was four, and walking and talking with no stop. "Yuna! Come back here!" Her parents shouted to no avail. Yuna wandered the streets of a village Inoichi had only seen in pictures; Uzushiogakure. She ducked around corners, making it difficult for her parents to follow. And then, she was staring at her parents from the corner they had backed her into. "Yuna..." Her father's warning fell on deaf ears as the child shouted. "No! No bath, NO BATH!" Her parents approached her and there was a swift show of gold before they saw it. Yuna's parents were tied up in gold chains; glowing gold chains... Of chakra. Yuna giggled before running off again.

Blood. It was everywhere. Men, women and children lay dead on the street. A man leading the slaughter nodded at his shadowed ally and the man in the shadows turned to leave when he saw her. Nine years old, with red hair and indigo eyes. A child. Of the royal line, no doubt. He walked forward, smirking at his newly achived weapon, before picking her up. Then, Danzo of ROOT walked off.

The memories stopped and Inoichi sighed, exiting the child's mindscape and pulling her with him. Back in the cell, he smiled warmly before repeating his question. "What is your name?" He asked her. The young girl looked up before answering. "Uzumaki Yuna."