Chapter 6

Which name should I tell him? I could not tell him my real name. First of all - it's a demon name and that means it has its power. And second - who the hell would be called Berish? And is it wise to tell it to a man I just met?

"Sorry I can't hear you." He was full of a sarcasm again.

"You can call me Caroline," I chose a name after a while. I liked this one much better than the real one.

"It's really nice to meet you, Caroline," he smiled and it was actually his first real smile.

No, it isn't nice. You will probably pay for this later, because you have no idea who are you chatting with.

But I didn't want to hurt him. I should leave and never come back, othervise I could put him in a danger.

"You seem like your mind is being somewhere else than here with me," he pointed out.

"I am sorry. I was just thinking..."

"About what?" he sounded curious.

"It doesn't matter. Forget about it," I waved with my hand. I didn't want him to poke in me.

"You like being mysterious, don't you?" I just couln't get rid of him.

"So do you," I shrugged and drank from my glass. I knew the drink was very alcoholic, but it hasn't had an influence on me. No dope stuffs ever work on me. The perks od being a demon.

Or is it really an advantage?

Suddenly my sweatshirt fell off my chair and placed itself on the ground. I wanted to pick it up, but Nicholas was faster. He bowed down and took the sweatshirt.

"Thanks," I said and reached out for my clothes. But he stepped back and that crooked smile was back.

"Just promise me something and this cute sweatshirt is all yours," he pressed it against his chest and delved his face in it. I could hear how he sniffs my scent which was still in the sweatshirt. It didn't feel really comfortable to me.

"What should I promise you?" I asked him carefully.

"That I can see you again," he winked.

"You don't even know me," I shook my head from the surpise.

"Yeah I don't. But I feel like we have a lot in a common. Does it make a sence?"

"No," I shook again.

"Anyway, I will find you and we can hang out. I will prove you I am right," and gave me my sweatshirt. While I was taking it back, our fingers touched. But nothing like fireworks happened, as I was expecting whole evening. Instead of it I felt a coldness and a power. When I looked at him his aura suddenly wasn't that perfect and light. It went black and red, colors of an anger and a danger.

I stared at him frowning and horrified. I didn't umderstand it. How can someone's aura change do fast? Like in an eye blink? This is just so weird. I pulled myself away and put my sweatshirt on.

Nicholas didn't look that he mentioned my even crazier behaviour. He was still smiling.

"Do I have your word? I swear I will finally leave today, as soon as you promise that we can meet each other soon," he was pushful.

"Fine," I nodded. I really didn't want to sebe jim again, but he found a curiosity in me. I wanted to know more what's do different about this man.

"Okay. I will find you."