Losing Yourself

A/N

Hey guys! So it's been a while.... Ok, waaaaayyyyy too long... I guess. But I'm back and since I've plowed away all my school stuff so far, I'm good for another update. So this one is reminiscent of episode 7 of Charlotte, where Yuu goes insane and starts losing his humanity before, well, you'll see. Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

I figured that staying in Vale wouldn't be good, as Ozpin and Ironwood were both here. Instead, I got my hands on a Bullhead ticket over to Atlas, but I still didn't know where I'd go once I got there. I figured I'd just find a place when I got there. After all, Atlas was a big place.

I'll have to go far if I don't want Ozpin finding me.

Timeskip

I was now in Atlas. Wow, it really is huge, busy too. Soldiers everywhere, mechs and humans alike. Walking downtown looking for somewhere to stay, I found an Internet Cafe. I saw I could stay there as long as I needed, so I went in and got a booth. I ordered some food and turned on the TV, switching it over to a show called Angel Beats. I had my pizza, watched TV, had more pizza and repeat. I continued like this for a surprisingly long time.

Y/N: Turns out I can be pretty hard to find.

Just then, a woman opened up my booth's door and placed down my food.

Woman: Your pizza. And a salad.

A free item huh? I don't want it.

Timeskip

I had been in this place since I got to Atlas almost a week ago now, and nothing at all had happened. I was getting sick of pizza so I went out to check out the rest of Atlas. After all, if no one had found me yet, then I was pretty much free to go wherever in this place. I walked around for a while and found a place that made these syrup coated sweets. I bought a handful and made my way further down, enjoying the quite of the area and the taste of the sweets.

I found an arcade in a slightly shadier part of town and decided to check it out. I saw a game that used a motion controller in the form of a gun and the goal was to kill alien mutants. I started the game with a dollar and quickly began to feel a rush I've never felt before. I had so much fun, that I played late into the evening. 

Y/N: Die! Die! I'll kill you all!

I eventually went back to the Cafe, only to return to the sweets stand and arcade again the next day, and the day after that. However, the third day I got to the arcade and some guys were playing. They played all day with no breaks and I never got a chance to play.

Y/N: How long do you think you're playing?

I kicked the sticks from the sweets at them and when one guy turned around, he stepped on some.

Thug 1: What? You picking a fight?

Another guy with blonde hair and some scruff stood up and walked over to the three of us.

Thug 2: What's up?

Thug 1: This guy hit me with trash, telling me to get outta the way.

Thug 3: And who do you think you are?

Y/N: Just a normal law-abiding citizen, you know?

Thug 1: A normal law-abiding citizen hits people with trash?

Y/N: Of course, if they get pissed off.

Thug 3: Don't mock us!

Thug 2: Pull him outside.