1

The trance, like looking into the mouth of a serpent not knowing whether you'll make it or if you will join your kinsman in the eternal feast. Jeek knew that there was something wrong. Something sinister. His kinsman had left him 6 months ago and their arrival is due - but there was one ship in the dancing ripples of ignition - and much less behind those sea battered timbers that had held them. What was wrong?

Jeek's attention was averted from the blazing embers on his hearth, which had been warming the oaken planks of his well-aged longhouse, not by his wife nor son but by the distinct piercing sound of a mournful warhorn. Ysgramor's warhorn. It's pitch more lower than the standardized, high and hollow sound that struck fear into the hearts of all foe.

Jeek rose from his throne, its ancient timbers yearning for his return, he bade it farewell and commenced his large strides - he strode past his berth, it's pelts and hides calling for his recline but none is to be had for time is of the essence - he strode past his armoury, it's walls heavy with steel, they yelled not called but Jeek had no time for temptation. His last stride landed him at the face of his front door, leading to the cobbled ports which intertwined with alleyways like a labyrinth who's air was permeated by the salt of the sea.

Alas, he pulled the handle revealing a large crowd swarming the docks, a young fair-haired man ran to Jeek as soon as he left his home, " Jeek, Ysgramor has returned! Ysgramor has returned!" His eyes filled with hope, that had been in short supply since the war had just ended. "Calm yourself Hrulf!" Jeeks voice was now ignited like the flame baring jaws of a dragon.

Hrulf disappeared into the swarm. Their numbers undiminishing. Looking back to the dock, Jeek saw that Ysgramor's ship was now anchored. Where were all the warriors, horses and cattle? It felt like a dream and Jeek wanted to wake up; the harrowing expression of Ysgramor's face, the look of sorrow balanced with hatred; he could see the remnants of dried blood, mud, and seawater. What happened on Mereth?

Ysgramor spoke to the throng his voice was solemn: "When we arrived at Mereth we settled there as fast as our hands let us the people there, the Falmer, they where hospitable they aided us for a short while until we finished Saarthal but 4 months later a raiding party that would rival even those up north ransacked Saarthal burning it to the ground", his tone now changed it became aggressive and hostile, " they slew thousands of our kind, women and children alike!"
The crowd was infuriated, as was Jeek, he felt rage coursing through his veins and how his blood boiled. Jeek wanted vengeance. "People of Jylkurfyk I want blood! Farmer blood! 500 of my finest warriors, sail with me and we will have our Vengeance!"

An uproar of deep raspy voices erupted and echoed throughout the harbour. The Artisans had ships to build and Ysgramor had an army to muster.