Friends?

I remember. Of course I do. 

It was a rainy day. Not that I minded. I liked the rain, I still do. 

He stretched in his seat. Aizawa sensei was finishing up his lecture. "Pass these on and make sure your parents see them. We don't want any problems." 

"Yes sensei," the class replied in unison. 

My mind wandered to this morning. I was calling out to Ka-chan repeatedly and when he snapped at me for doing it. I mistakenly asked if Katsuki was alright then. It just slipped out and he seemed grumpier than usual.

Ka-chan handed me the papers over his head. As I passed them on as well, I leaned closer to him. "I'm sorry for this morning." Bakugou let out a  grumble but didn't turn around. Not that it mattered. Izuku knew that was enough. It was odd. We had rarely talked since kindergarten and yet it seemed I knew him so well. The bell rang and I got ready for P.E. 

"Midorya-kun!!" I turned around and was greeted by Uraraka. "Want to team up?" It was a group assignment as usual, but before I could say anything Miss Midnight cut in and said. 

"Not today you two. You are always teaming up! You are not allowed to team up today." Uraraka frowned and I gave her an apologetic look. 

"Sorry Urara-"

"Midorya it isn't your fault," she smiled. "Don't apologize for everything." She gave me a slight pat on the shoulder and ran to Momo. 

"Now then who will you be pairing up with?" Miss Midnight continued. 

"Well..." I looked around. It seemed everyone was already paired up. "I don't know..." She raised an eyebrow, then looked at the group of children. 

"Ah! Bakugou-kun!" My eyes enlarged for a moment. 

"Wa-" 

"No partner, right?" Ka-chan shook his head. "Alright then you and Midorya can form a team".

So there I was, standing next to Ka-chan. He was staring at the sky. "So...," I started fumbling with my fingers. "How are you today?" Ka-chan eyes slowly trailed to me. 

"What's it to you?" That was new. Normally he would lash out at me for no reason. 

"Well... Nothing. I'd just like to know." Ka-chan's eyes narrowed. 

"I'm doing alright." A huge smile appeared on my face. An actual answer! 

"I... I..." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm happy you're doing alright!" Bakugou turned his face at that moment for it grew a little pink. Then he replied. 

"Ye...yeah." 

"Hmm? What's the matt-?" 

"Team 4 get ready!" came through the speaker. I looked up. 

"That's us! Let's go!" Oblivious to what had happened I walked to the entrance of the hall. Ka-chan right behind me. 

P.E. passed without a problem and It was time to head home. I was walking with Uraraka for a bit before we parted ways at the station. I entered the train. It was quiet today and I could see Ka-chan at the end. I mustered up courage to go sit next to him, because he was all alone today. The only person that really talks to him at school is Kirishima and I heard from Iida-kun that he had a cold. So I slowly walked to him. "Can I sit next to you?" He slightly nodded and I took a seat.  

The train ride was silent and so was the walk home. Neither of us said a word. The sun was setting and we arrived at our crossroads. Ka-chan simply walked onto the road without saying a word. "Ka-chan!" The Blond haired boy stopped and turned his head, looking at me. "Uhm- Thank you for walking with me." He turned his head and started walking again. "Also," I continued. He stopped again, but this time he didn't turn his head. I bit my lip before saying, "I'd like to be friends again Katsuki." Just like this morning he turned around and looked at me. This time it wasn't a mistake though. I meant to say it. "I.." 

"Okay." 

"Uh-" I blinked. It was quick. Then he spun facing me. 

"We can be friends if you want that." A smile started creeping up my face again. "But-" he continued.  "You aren't allowed to call me Katsuki in front of other people." 

"Eh? Why?" 

"If you do it, I'll kill you!" 

"Eeep!"

He spun on his heals. "See you tomorrow then... Izuku." 

That's how he left me behind that day. With the biggest dumbest smile on my face. I hoped that our friendship would become a great one. What I hadn't expected was that it would mean this much to me. That he would mean this much to me.