Chapter 1 - Insanity

Argad eyed his handiwork. In front of him stood a mechanical creation he calls the Shank. 

He plans to mass produce these war machines once perfected. In his workshop, he grabs a wrench and tightens a bold on the Shank. The Shank is a bipedal robot standing five feet, eleven inches, one inch taller than Argad. The Shank had one main sensor cam on its cubical torso and a rocket-pack on its back allowing it to charge into the opposition. Metal plating reinforces the armor and protects the inner wiring and mechanisms. 

Argad switches on the Shank and commands it to attack a sitting test dummy, the ones used to test cars. The Shank locks on to the target with clicking sounds and blindingly rushes forwards and slams itself into the test dummy, sending it flying almost 8 meters!

"Beautiful," said Argad.

Argad switches off the Shank and places it into a small storage area. He walks through the workshop to the main command center. Argad's workshop was previously Base Epsilon of the Draco organization which Argad found abandoned. Argad took hold of Base Epsilon and has plenty of resources to build his Mechanical Menaces.

A flashing red dot appears on the radar above the control panel. Argad sits on the chair facing the control panel which is build up against the wall. 

"Let's see who we have here." whispers Argad.

Argad pulls up the hidden security camera. Argad sees four Draco soldiers trudging through the forest. Their dark green and black armor glinting against the sunlight. These soldiers seem to be low ranking and inexperienced privates. Time to test out the Shank. Argad releases the Shank from the storage and switches it on. From the command center, Argad watches the Shank scan the area for hostiles.

The four soldiers walked through the forests until seeing a clearing with a large base on it.

"Whoa! What is this place?" one soldier asks.

"Looks like an old abandoned base." another replies.

Click, click, click. The sound reverberated into the soldiers' ears.  

"Umm, what was that?" the first soldier asked.

WHOOOOOSH!! The Shank emerged from the trees behind the soldiers with blinding speed. The Shank slams into one of the soldiers, sending him flying and instantly killing him from the massive impact.

The other three soldiers panicked and fumbled to ready their weapons. By the time all three soldiers got their rifles ready, the Shank launches another soldier. The two surviving soldiers shot the Shank with their rifles, but the Shank absorbed the shots with its thick frontal armor. 

Click, click, click. The Shank once again launched forwards killing a third soldier. 

The last surviving soldier turned away and tried sprinting back to where he came from. But Argad was standing in his way, in an imposing stance, staring down the soldier.

The soldier said, "Have mercy! I have a family! Who even are you?"

"My name is Argad, and yes, I will spare you."

"Thank you so much." the soldier replied. "Wait, did you say you were Argad? THE General Argad? What have you become? You are a deserter, and a killer!"

"I deserted for a reason." Argad explained. "In case you don't know, my ENTIRE PLATOON was murdered by mutant crabeans! FIFTY OF MY CLOSET MEN! When I returned here, Base Epsilon was abandoned. We fought for a lost cause. Draco is doomed, the mutant crabeans and the Beasts will just kill us all. They're faster, stronger, smarter. I have no choice but to take things into my own hands!"

The Shank shot out a net to trap the soldier. Argad stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small object that looked like a computer chip. 

Argad said wickedly, "Hold still, this isn't gonna hurt. Well, it isn't gonna hurt that much."

Argad took the computer chip and placed it on the soldier's head. The chip locked itself into the soldier's skull with tiny claws.

"AAAARGH!!" the soldier screamed.

The chip proceeded to drill into the skull. Suddenly, the soldier's eyes sprang wide open and his pupils constricted. 

Argad said, "There we go. How are you feeling soldier? What's your name?"

The soldier answered in a monotone and robotic voice, "My name is Devin. I am glad to serve you, my new master, Argad."

"Perfect."