Part Twenty: Lies

My eyes fluttered open, dried tears lay on my cheeks. Around me are Ethan's arms, we still sat holding each other. When I saw him, I couldn't contain my smile, he made me feel safe and happy, unlike anyone else.
  So I didn't bother moving, I just held him close. Knowing he wouldn't stay forever. Knowing this might be the last chance to hold him. Knowing everything would be okay if he stayed.
  Suddenly, a slight "ugh" escaped his lips, as his eyes opened as well. We started at each other, for a bit.
  Ethan smiled, "morning." He let go of me and stretched out, "are you doing okay?"
  "Yuppies." I stood up too, leading him downstairs for food.
  We grabbed two bowls of cereal, and plopped down on the couch.
  "Does Mark ever annoy you?" This was very out of the blue. But he seemed like he needed to get something off his chest.
  "No, not really," I shove some cereal, and talk with my mouth full, "Does he ever annoy you?"
  "No," he started, I watched him look at the wall, "well I mean we kinda had a bad past and everything."
"Oh yea," I scooped more cereal in my mouth, "he told me about that."
  He shot his head towards me, "he did? What did he say?"
  I started to wave my spoon around, "you know, like how you dragged him through the field."
  He looked confused, "that's not what happened," he switched his gaze back to the wall, "he talked to Jack like once and said that him and Jack were best friends. So once Jack was having some kind of event, and he asked Mark if he could invite me. Mark for some reason said no, so I asked him why. He started to cuss me out and yell at me. So I dragged him like two feet, idk why he said I bullied him, I really didn't. It was kinda both our faults, I mean we were both jerks. But I thought we were past that."
  My eyes widened as he finished explaining. I leaned back a bit, "well it didn't seem like he was."
  "Weird, he should just let that go."
  "He should," I moved in closer towards Ethan's side, "I'll talk to him about it."

(A/N SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT I WAS CAUGHT UP WITH STUFF BEFORE, AND NOW IM AT A SLEEPOVER AND I FORGOT MY CHARGER AND THIS IS GONNA DIE. SORRRY AGH, LOVE YOU STAY CRANKY💙)