Part Twenty Two: First Date

I still sat on the couch in the same spot waiting for Ethan to arrive back. Fiddling my finger I thought about what he could be doing. Who knows.
Between the time he left and now, it had started to rain. And I mean rain. More like pour. It has been about 1 hour since he left.
My hand started to grab towards my phone, to see if he's okay. When there is a small knock at the door. Excitedly I raced towards the entrance and opened it.
As soon as my eyes saw him, my hands covered my mouth in happiness. There was Ethan, in a tuxedo, holding half-dead flowers. He was soaking wet, his blue hair plastered to his forehead. Ethan gave me a sheepish smile.
"What's this?" I stuttered.
His smile widened, "it's what I should've done when I met you," he took a deep breath, "Lily, fancy a date with me?"
All I could get out was a squeal, I ran out into the rain, and hugged him. I didn't care how wet I got (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). I was happy.
"So when is this date," I asked, leading him inside and throwing at towel at his face.
  "Right now," Ethan rubbed the towel through his hair.
  "Okay," I started, "what are we doing."
  "Having a dance," he throw the towel back at me, "our own little dance."
  "OoOoOoO," I was interested.
  "Come with me," Bluebird grabbed onto my hand and pulled my to my garage.
  I raised an eyebrow at him, "we are having it in my garage?"
  "Not exactly," he placed down his phone, onto the side table and played "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" the first song we listened to together.
  I laughed, "what do you mean?"
  Ethan walked over to the button that opened my garage door, and pressed it firmly. He walked out into the rain again.
  "Care to join me, m'lady," he bowed.
  I rolled my eyes and walked out into the rain with him. My hand wrapped around his neck, his around my waist, sending me shivers. I rested my head on his tuxedo jacket, smiling.
  This is what it's like. Love. Happiness. I now understood. I pulled him closer, savouring the moment. I could only hear three things, the song, the putter of rain, and his soft, calming heartbeat. His chin now rested on my head, comforting me.
  Everything is okay. Everything will be okay, as long as he is here. It was moments like these you wish you could pause the entire world. Pause the stress. Pause the drama. Pause the sadness. And stay like this. Stay in his arms. Forever and ever.
  We were both soaked as the songs continued to play, one after the other. Ethan lead me in swaying to the beats. I didn't care what happened next. I could die and be completed, because of this. Because of this memory. Because of this boy, who changed my life.

  (A/N henlo my babes I love you! Whoop they are together now whoop! I love you all! Stay cranky!💙)