Trouble in the Atlantic

October 26, 1881

9:34 a.m.

The Maxwells are on the quay, their mother waved goodbye to her sons and daughters getting on the ship named HMS Queen of the waves. The 4 of them waved back, handkerchiefs in the air. "Bye Mum! We'll see you this December!" yelled Charlotte to her mother. "C'mon let's go 'round the ship." Charlie suggested. All of them agreed. They spent the whole day going and exploring the ship, thinking what will be the adventures await them. While strolling around, they saw a restaurant, a few crewmen, which acted very odd, it's history, which is quite impressive. There it is stated: Gone over for 43851 hours of sailing and counting,  owned by the most experienced crew members and went through at least 20 storms. "Wow, that's cool." Robert exclaimed. After that, they went to the restaurant to eat dinner and 20 minutes later, they all went to bed. 

It was 2:21 a.m. they heard a voice coming from the speaker; "All crew members, report to the bridge. All passengers should be ready to abandon ship." The Maxwells were startled, what does this mean? They sped off to the bridge, in their nightdresses. They asked: "Hey, what's the matter?" The captain tried to respond, but he too was shocked on the ship's state. 

Suddenly, a man, whose face was full of sweat and looked liked a boiled lobster, ran in and said, "Cap' we have boiler 1 and 2 blown up!" The captain responded by running towards the boiler room, as did the four siblings. They went down to the boiler rooms and saw  a large fire spreading. "The fire is spreading to the oil storage!" A man screamed inside. "You,  there! Tell the first mate to evacuate the civilians and to abandon ship!" Pointed the captain to a man outside the boiler room. He nodded in reply. " Somebody get a fire extinguisher, quick!" Charlotte commanded. As quick as a deer, Charlie and Robert dashed for the two spare fire extinguisher hanging out by the stairs. They did their best to put out the fire. "Hey, you two go get our things and board on a lifeboat, we'll meet you on the other side!" Said Charlie harshly.

2 hours later, at 4:25 a.m. the ship was secured and the boilers were operational. The captain asked a search and rescue mission to save the passengers who fled with the lifeboats. "Right, you do that while me and Charlie investigate." The captain agreed since they were the renowned Maxwell siblings. "Huh, safe at last. Let's make a dash for the boiler room to start with our investigation.