The investigation begins

6:00 a.m.

Oct. 26,1881

"Let's see, there's the burner: in place, the circulator pumps, too are still intact. So, what caused these explosions?" Robert asked "See? these boilers are still in place before and after the explosion" Charlie looked back on the designs of the ship, which the captain gave. "Huh, there is something wrong in boiler number 2." Charlie said "The refractory is gone, perhaps stolen." they reexamined the boiler room the whole day, until a shipmate arrived carrying a telegram. He gave it to the twins. the telegram states that their sisters and other passengers are on board on another ship: HMS Merlion. "Oh, tell the captain, we'll be transferring ship tomorrow to HMS Merlion. Also, tell the captain were going well in our investigation." Robert told the man. "Very good, sir." The man replied. "So, let's continue." They went around the boiler room, and asked the captain that night to ask the Iceland coast guard to help with the investigation. The twins neglected meals, sleep, and even hygiene. 

They searched clues all through the day. And these are the things they found: particles of gunpowder, a fuse, component parts of a bomb. "So, somebody is trying to sink this ship?" The captain asked "cause we found bomb parts, fuses, and..." He was cut off when Charlie explained "Perhaps, the criminal might still be here or might be on another ship that must've picked them on the way."  "Well, we have to be vigilant on our every move here, especially you two and your sisters." They all agreed on what the captain said. The twins went back to their cabin to pack up their things, they don't know what lies beneath their cabin which is about to escalate thing in the ship.