Chapter 3: First Year Summary

A BRIEF FIRST YEAR

I found it wasn't too difficult making friends with the girls in my dorm. Although I evaded Pansy Parkinson and her large friend Millicent Bulstrode, since they were far too mean for my liking, I became close with Daphne. Even though I did become friends with Tracey Davis, the last Slytherin girl, she seemed rather cunning. Daphne claimed she'd seen her complaining about Pansy, yet hours later was reported hanging onto her every word. Daphne was fiercely loyal – as was I – and I suppose that was the reason our friendship became so strong.

Of course, I was still very good friends with Harry, Hermione and Ron (he'd finally warmed up to me again after realising I wasn't some 'evil Slytherin'), but not seeing them as much effected our friendship. A positive thing was that we shared many classes together, and it was amusing to see Harry once blow up his cauldron – Snape, the potions master, was furious. Of course, it didn't help the fact that Snape despised Harry the moment he'd walked into the classroom.

There was only one problem I faced during my first year at Hogwarts.

Draco Malfoy.

The boy tormented my Gryffindor friends any chance he could get – and he seemed to love insulting me along with them. Despite this, the peculiar flutters in my stomach never ceased whenever Draco even glanced at me – and I had no idea why.

Halloween and Christmas were both delights – Hogwarts was decorated perfectly. I'd decided to stay over the Christmas holidays to spend more time with my Gryffindor friends – Andro and Nymph had written multiple times to inform me they were fine with it. Draco (to my relief) bragged on how he was to go home to a grand ball at his manor, and Daphne was to return home due to her parents' wanting her to. Still, I had Tracey for company in the common room, and Harry as well as the Weasleys for the rest of the holidays. Hermione had also departed to her home for she was worried about her parents. Despite this, the Weasley twins Fred and George ensured we all had an amazing Christmas. Two of the biggest perks of Christmas was the enormous pile that had nestled at the foot of my bed at Christmas Day and the mouth-watering feast. My family had sent multiple packages of sweets as well as some gifts from Gambol and Jape's Wizarding Joke Shop, whilst my new friends had gifted me varied presents. It was – without a doubt – the best Christmas I'd ever had.

With the exams, and my Gryffindor friends' success in saving the Philosopher's Stone from Quirrell, closing my first school year, I was ecstatic for more. I simply hoped Draco wouldn't dampen the rest of my years at Hogwarts. 

~

The next few years may or may not be written in the next few chapters - I'm not sure if I'm going to skip ahead to fifth year or summarise the previous ones yet. 

Thanks for reading!