04 "The beginning of the end"

27 February 2014 (Age:15)

'Haha and then Ben slipped on the banana peel and accidentally farted.'

My best friend, Bailey was telling me a really embarrassing story of her classmate Benjamin. Poor guy embarrassed himself so much.

'Haha really, Poor Ben what did he do then?'

'To make things worse, he then said that he didn't fart it was an invisible unicorn.'

'Hahaha, what!? Did he really say that!'

'Yep and then he- OMG LOOK IT'S THE LEO THE HOT BOY! HE'S LOOKING AT US. OMG! OMG! OMG!'

I suddenly tensed. Leo was the cutest boy in our grade. In fact he was cuter than all the other freshman boys. Most of the girls in our year crushed on him and unfortunately I was one of them too.

I quickly fixed my hair and turned around to look at him.

As soon as I did, I stopped breathing. He really was looking in our direction. I looked in his eyes and found that he was looking in mine too. He was... perfect. Yes I think that's the right way to describe him.

'OMG! He's coming here.' Bailey said with a squeal.

I watched him in admiration as he came towards us. He was grinning. His wavy brown hair were quite long and covered his forehead and his eyes were stunning and hazel, his teeth were pearly and white. He really was perfect.

I didn't even realize that he was standing in front of me until he spoke.

'Hi - he brought his hand forward - I'm Leo.'

I was speechless, and didn't know what to do. The guy of my dreams was standing right in front of me and talking to me!? Out of all the girls in our school he chose me.

I looked at Bailey and noticed that she was upset. Really upset. She looked at me with anger and jealousy, why was she upset?

Leo kept on staring at me with his hand still forward. I quickly cleared my throat and then shook his hand and spoke.

'I... I'm... I'm...'
I suddenly forgot my name. Dear Lord! what is my name?! Think Layla! Think! Yes I remember!

'You are...?'

'I'm think Layla! I'm a freshman!' I blurted and then realized what I had said. I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment. Leo seems to be quite amused.

'I mean my name is Layla.'

'Nice to meet you, think Layla. I'm Leo. I'm also a freshman...' he said before he before he burst out laughing.

'You're funny and cute. I like you. Well, I have to go I'll see you later Layla.'

He lifted my hand up to lips and kissed it and then left.

I was dumbfounded. This couldn't be reality. It was too good to be true. I was still stuck in my dream world until Bailey pulled me back to reality.

'How did you do that!'

'Do what?'

What was she trying to say? She still looked upset.

'This whole thing- you and Leo. How?'

I bit my lip and then spoke honestly.

'I don't know. But I'm happy! At least I know that I have a chance now Bail.'

'You like him?' She asked as the blood from her faced drained.

'I told you about it didn't I? Are you okay Bailey? You seem to be quite pale?'

'Yeah, I am.' She then laughed.

'I'm fine.'

She didn't look like she was fine at all but I believed her. Maybe she wasn't feeling well or perhaps she was tired.

*** *** ***

I was walking through the hallway when He bumped into me. I lost my balance but then quickly regained it.

He looked at me and then grinned again.

'Hello Layla. Hah! I'm sorry, I should be more careful of how I walk.'

I couldn't help but get lost I his eyes. Why was he so perfect?

'Layla? You're zoning out again.'

He spoke but I couldn't hear him clearly. Didn't he know that It's a crime to be this perfect. I could only watch his mouth move perfectly. What was he saying? I don't know nor did I care. I could practically hear violins playing around me.

'Why are you looking at me like that...?'

'Layla... you're um... creeping me out now.'

That sentence immediately made me come back to reality. He definitely thought that I was creepy and now would hate me. Why am I so stupid? Dear lord why?!

'I'm so sorry! I don't mean to! I swear I'm not a creep. It's just that I have a huge crush on you and I-'

I was blurting everything out without thinking. He cut me off before I could complete my sentence.

'You have a crush on me?' He asked me with a blank expression.

I could feel my heart beat a thousand times faster. I ruined my chances of being with the only guy I crushed on.

'What? I? No!? Yes!? I'm sorry?! Wait what?'

He kept on staring at me. I felt extremely humiliated and embarrassed. I really wished that the floor would open and swallow me inside.

I tried to run away but he caught my arm in a swift movement. I was too embarrassed to look up at him so I just stared at my shoes.

He then whispered something I never thought he'd say.

'I have a crush on you too.'

My eyes widened in shock. I looked in his eyes and I could see that he was telling the truth.

'Will you be my girlfriend?'

I couldn't have been anymore happier than I was right now when I heard that.

'Yes.'

*** *** ***

And that's how the story of us began.