The Enemy Appears

“ALRIGHT A TRIP TO THE CITY!!” I shouted.

“I can’t believe we’re actually going!” exclaimed Rocky.

“I know Aatu and Usagi are always saying no,” I reminded Rocky, “I can’t believe they finally said yes.”

“That probably because of all of your begging Queso,” Rocky said while folding her arms.

“Who care, all that matter it that we’re finally going!” I shouted.

“Alright you too let’s get ready,” said Miss. Retta handing us coats, “Remember you must keep you nonhuman parts and abilities hidden. Otherwise you catch unwanted attention.”

“Right!” said Rocky and me together.

    I was going to wear a black winter hat with the part that cover one’s ear but it would cover my two strands of orange and yellow hair. Rocky was wearing a dark purple beanie to hide her ears, she tied a long coat around her waist to cover her tail, and put concealer on to hide black mask-looking skin around her eyes. Sheldon had to wear beanie too, it made him look like he never had a shell on his head to begin with. Aatu wore a black leggins and a green shirt. she also had what used to be a long, blue skirt that would reach her ankles cut open in the front of her leg to hide her tail. On her head was a red and white baseball cap. Usagi wore his usual light blue jeans and pink and purple shoes but wore a long yellow hooded jacket that went halfway down his thighs to cover his tail. He wore the hood over his long ears. After everyone was ready we left. It was about two hours of walking when I could hear the city people chatting.

“WE’RE HERE!” I shouted at the top of my lung, “WE’RE REALLY HERE!!!”

“YEAH!” screamed Rocky as we ran into the city together.

    I’m finally at the city! If I look up there’s high buildings everywhere, and if I look down there’s people walking and cars zooming by at every street. There were shops to look at and buy things, restaurants to eat at, and even businesses to work in.

“Hey!” I heard Aatu yell.

I turned around, Aatu and Shelldon had caught up with us. Usagi was walking with Miss. Retta and Obia not too far behind.

“Hey!,” I said while running towards them, “Can you believe this place.”

“Actually yeah,” said Aatu, she seemed pretty calm, “But I still think we shouldn’t stay here too long.”

“Yeah sure but let’s go have fun,” I said as I pulled her arm in one direction.

    I can’t believe how much stuff is in the city. I was so excited to be here, but as I explored with Shelldon and Rocky. Aatu and Usagi could tell something was about to happen. BANG! I turned around and Usagi was sitting on the ground terrified, looking up at the small hole that had appeared in the side of the building next to us.

“Usagi,” whispered Aatu, “We need to get everyone out of here.”

“Got it,” I heard him whisper back to Aatu.

“Everyone brace yourselves!” Aatu shouted.

“Wait what?!” the rest of us responded.

BANG!BANG! More holes appeared in the walls of nearby buildings. Before I knew what hit me Aatu had me in one arm, rocky in the other arm, and Shelldon on her back. Usagi had Miss Retta and Obia. Then I noticed he were high in the air, and heading towards a roof top. When we landed Aatu dropped us on the ground. Usagi was putting Miss Retta and Obia down gently.