Skater - Grayson Dolan

Lately you've just picked up the hobby of skating. Near your house there's a skate park, but there's always this cute boy that goes to the skate park with his friends. You never go because you always think that you will mess up in front of him. One day something made you go to the skate park and finally skate there.

"Dude I'm finally going to go," I told my friend Bailey while calling her. "Yes! You've been crushing on that guy for weeks now!" Bailey said with excitement. There's this guy that goes to the stake park in front of my house that's very cute. I never had the guts to go to the park and skate. Till now. "I just hope I don't make a fool out of myself," I said. "Nah it's ok. I have faith in you," Bailey said. "Well I'll call you later and tell you how it went," I said. "Ok bye!" Bailey said and hung up. I got my helmet and my water and I went to the skate park.

The park is literally right in front of my house. It's cool cause I don't like to drive or walk much. Then I see a group of boys walking to the park. And I see him. I was about to turn around and walk back home but I decided not to. I drank some water and I put on my helmet. I got ready to skate.

I went down the ramps first for a good little warm up. Then I did some tricks, but not too big tricks. I did a 50-50 grind here and there and some kick flips. Once I turned around, I saw that all the boys were watching me, including the boy. I got so nervous, that I didn't see the ramp in front of me and I lost balance and I fell. All I see is the boys laughing at me, except for the cute boy. He comes running towards me.

"Hey are you ok?" he asked. "Yea just lost my balance that's all," I said. "Yea I hate when that happens, but practice makes perfect and you almost got it," he said. "You sure? I just started skating," I said. "You're a beginner?" he asked. "Yea why?" I asked back. "You're so good for a beginner! Well my name is Grayson," he said. "I'm y/n. Maybe we can skate some time and you can teach me some tricks?" I asked very stupidly. "For sure. Just hook me up whenever," Grayson said. "How bout now?" I asked. "Awesome. Let me get my board," Grayson said.

After he came back we did some tricks and we skated together. It was amazing and I never felt happier. A couple blocks down the park there was a place where they sell tea and chips and I was getting kinda snacky. "Grayson wanna get some chips and a drink? My treat," I said. "Sure, but my treat," he said. "Whoever skates there first pays alright?" I said. "Aww you're going down," Grayson said. We skated and I beat him. "Ha. I beat ya. So sad to lose," I said. "Nah I didn't lose nothing," Grayson said. I blushed when he said that.

Once we got what we ordered we talked about how we started skating. "Well my brother and I love to skate since we were young. We would see our older cousin do it and we thought it would be cool to do it too," Grayson said. "Wow that's nice. Well I've seen many skaters lately and I learned how to skate and so I practiced," I said. "Well you're good. Not as good as I am though," Grayson said while laughing. "Ha. Comedy," I said. Both Grayson and I had a blast that day and we went back to skate some more. Afterwards I called Bailey and told her everything that happened. While I did, I had the biggest smile on my face that was hard to wipe. No regrets for messing up.