Chapter Six: Mistakes were made

...

"What is it?!" Lisa asks sounding very confused as to why Dean said that.

"Shh. Look." Lina points to the front where Sam and Dean were already looking.

The car stands facing a group of people. They were just standing there, staring at them. It was about 20 people.

"Who are they?" Lisa asks not feeling as annoyed as the others.

"Fucking demons. See they're eyes. Black as the night. You also smell that?" Lina says as she takes out a shotgun from under her seat.

"Yeah. It smells the same as in the hospital, when David... I mean Fihrua showed up." Lisa lowers her head, remembering the death of her beloved David. Tears form in her eyes. She sniffs and presses against the ends of her eyes until no trace of them was left.

"That's what demons smell like. It's sulpher. Anytime you smell it there's almost always a demon in sight." Lina answers, ignoring the fact about David.

"Lisa. Stay in the car, okay?" Sam finally says after a long while of being silent.

"Wait. What?"

"They're not going to go, not until they have you and they're not going to get you until they get through us." Sam explains, taking out the knife that he had used to kill Fihrua and also David.

"Why do they want me?"

"Apparently, when YOU get close enough to a demon, you can see their real face and nobody else can. This is according to the pschycik that we talked to. You are the key to getting rid of all supernatural beings on earth." Sam explains to Lisa, looking back at her with his big brown/green eyes. Lisa turns her face away. Pressing her teeth together. Trying not to punch Sam in the face.

"Why don't we just drive away? Hmm. Then nobody else has to get hurt." Lisa says feeling very angry. She looks out of the window.

Sam looks at Dean and then at Lina. He sighs and says;

"Dean drive. "

"What?" Dean asks looking very surprised at Sam's decision.

"She's right. Nobody else has to get hurt. Not today."

"But... Fine." Dean starts the car and they slowly drive through the crowd of demons. All the demons do is stare while they drive by.

"Why aren't they doing anything?"
Lina holds up the gun she had taken out a few minutes before. She points it at the closed window. Ready to shoot at anything that moved.

"I don't know. Just keep driving." Sam says also holding up a shotgun.

Dean keeps on driving. After getting through the crowd of demons, they start driving faster. Everybody is very quiet. Sam, Dean and Lina look very surprised at why the demons didn't attack when they had the chance. Lisa on the other hand looked relieved that nobody had gotten hurt.

After a few hours they arrive at a small motel.

"Good morning." Dean says as the four of them walk into the small loby of the motel. An elderly man is sitting at the desk. He puts down the book he was reading and sits upright in his chair.

"Son, it's still dark out, but good morning to you too. What can I do you for?" The man stands up as he takes a big brown book from the desk.

"We'd like three rooms for the night." Dean says as he takes out his wallet. He pulls out a credit card and gives it to the old man.

"Three? Not two?" The old man asks as he takes the credit card and pulls it through the little slot.

"Three. Yes"