Chapter 3: Love Exists in Hell Alone- Class Trial- Part 2 (Malachi)

All I could do was laugh.

Laugh from the pain and suffering.

The despair.

Someone suddenly spoke up. "Malachi."

I looked up at the source of the voice.

It was Nao.

He stood silent, staring into my eyes.

"Everyone... No... Nevermind. You don't understand. Nobody here could understand Malachi fully except Malachi." He said. "But at least I'm close."

"What the hell is going on now?" Cassius asked.

"Shut it, please..." Nao said, and sighed. "Malachi... I know it hurts to lose people you love. Your cousin... Bahira... and now Eri.... But... Even so, as long as you didn't kill Eri directly, none of their deaths are your fault. They're watching you, now. Rooting for you. They want you to remember them fondly and not be... in Despair over it. They want you to stay happy... And avenge them. So... Just stay strong for a little longer... And live on for their sake." He said. "Sorry. I'm done now..."

I stood silent for a while before finally speakinf up. "I... I understand."

"Alright. Then, let's continue on!" Ren said.

"Personally, I don't believe it's Malachi or Nao." Atsuki said. "But do we have any other suspects?"

"What about Eri herself?" Emma asked. "What if she commit suicide?"

"I doubt she could stab herself in the back while she was in bed, hugging Malachi." Ren said.

"Anybody else?" Zoey asked.

"Um... Actually... There is one thing you guys haven't talked about yet..." Nao said.

"What's that?" Emma asked.

"The body discovery announcements..." Nao said. "The ones he makes after we find a body."

"Wh-What about them, N-Nao?" Masa asked.

"Well... Count how many people first saw each body before the announcement happened... Minus Eri, for now..." Nao said.

"Well... The first body was Waffle..." I said.

"The first people to find that before the announcement were Eri, Malachi, and I, disguised as Waffle then." Ren said.

"We were all there for Bahira, except for Cassius, if I remember correctly." Spencer said.

"And the ones who saw Yudai were Atsuki, Malachi, and Me..." Amaya said.

"And... Were any of those who saw them the killer, aside from Bahira's?" Nao asked.

"Um... No. They weren't." Spencer said.

"S-So... I-If the ones who saw E-Eri before the a-announcement w-were Malachi, E-Emma, Cassius a-and Ren, it c-can't be any of them...?"

"No... Not that..." Nao said. "...For Waffle, three people found him. That's the same for Yudai... Right? So... I think it's that the body discovery announcement goes off after three people who aren't the killer find the body... Is that right, Monokuma?"

"Ding ding ding! Correct!" Monokuma said.

"What does that mean?" Emma asked.

"Because four people saw Eri before tbe announcement went off..." Nao started.

"Oh..." Ren said. "So then... It has to be someone who saw it before me, right? Because I was the fourth person to see Eri's body."

"That's right." Nao said.