two

✆  

jeez, fake fan.

  ✆   

  ✆   

"hey, jaeden," willow smirked nervously as she walked to him.

"hi, how are you?" he smiled his goofy grin, making her face get hot.

"i'm good, hyped after the music for sure," she giggled, referencing the breakout in song moments ago.

"yeah," he chuckled. "i think that started around here. i dunno who started that, but they deserve a hug."

"it was actually me.  well, me, my brother and friend. i told my brother to start singing because we were all bored and he did," she explained, making his smile grow as he listened intently.

"oh yeah, i saw you guys dancing. i um, got it on video if that's okay to put on my story?" he asked her, taking her by surprise.

"yeah, yeah of course."

jaeden nodded, happy with her response. "great choice in song, by the way. favourite journey song? other than don't stop believin', obviously."

"..that's the only one i know."

"jeez, fake fan." he scoffed, rolling his eyes sarcastically.

"guess you caught me, fanboy. and what's yours?"

"guess you caught me, fangirl," he smirked that goofy smirk and looked over her, admiring her.

jaeden's publicist, who monitored his words, caught his attention with an awkward forced cough. he motioned with his fingers that jaeden needed to wrap up, causing jaeden smile to falter.

he really liked her, he took a chance. "how about that hug?"

"hmm?"

"i-i said whoever started the singing should get a hug, how about that?"

a massive smile crept onto her face as she nodded, making jaeden blush slightly and stand to hug her.

he leaned over the table that separated them, wrapping his arms around her small torso to the best of his abilities. he knew it was almost creepy, but he enjoyed that short hug, even though he barely knew her, it was nice.

"nice meeting you," she said as they pulled away from the warm hug.

"you're really nice, it was nice meeting you too," he told her, secretly hoping it would last. but he knew he wasn't able to change that now, his publicist was sitting right next to him and would surely not be happy if jaeden went out with a fan, if he would even be that bold. which was unlikely.

"bye," she smiled, making his stomach churn as she left.

"bye," he mumbled, even though she probably couldn't hear him from where she'd reached at that point. it was more for himself. letting a girl he didn't know go. he sighed and put on a smile as they next person came to him.

"i don't even know what just happened, oh my god," willow said as she reached her brother and best friend.

"he hugged you!" halle squealed, jumping next to her best friend.

"i know, he was so sweet and adorable," willow recalled, her face burning as she explained everything that happened. "i'm still shaking, oh my god. and i feel like i'm going to throw up. in a good way."

"so, like you're married now, yes?" ethan teased.

"no, he's not even going to remember me tomorrow," willow frowned, still clinging to the slight hope that he just might remember her.

"he seemed pretty happy with you," halle said, raising her hands in surrender.

"yeah, but he has to act like that. his publisher was right there."

"and his publisher told him he needed to hurry up, meaning he spent extra time with you," ethan reasoned, making willow roll her eyes.

"okay, so artist's alley then?" her dad asked them since it was their plan to head down the halls of art after they met them.

"yeah! let's go!" willow cheered, running her fingers over her bag to make sure her wallet remained there, which it did. but she found herself checking again and again as they walked across the convention center, because after meeting jaeden, she had trouble believing anything that popped into her mind.

she just met jaeden wesley lieberher, of whom she would've never chosen for herself when she knew him as a star, and she felt an odd feeling inside. not exactly in a bad way however. it was different, though, it was unbelievable, really. the way they clicked felt like in a movie, extremely surreal, if you will. she thought maybe, it was the same for him with every fan he met and all of them felt the same way she did right now. but it didn't seem that way, and she clung to the hope that it wasn't.

all while jaeden had similar thoughts running through his mind. he felt almost sick, thinking about her. he couldn't help the fact that they clicked with each other, it was obvious, but he let her go without even a name to trace back to her.

luckily for him, she was near the end of the line and so he didn't have to smile through hours more. he heard his cue to leave and couldn't help but feel extreme relief wash over himself as he waved goodbye. he grabbed his hoodie and an old phantom, halloween mask he usually used when he didn't want to be noticed.

he figured it looked stupid but it didn't really matter to him most of the time, so he continued to wear it.

a/n ;
lmfao sorry this was so short it was like insanely long then i split it into two so yeah (next chapter is still long) and i'm allowed to finally see IT!! and sadly stranger things won no emmys, but millie looked goRGEOUS IN HER WEDDING DRESS THING. so yeah okay i'm done.

g'bye loves♥️