Chapter Two: Thanks.

Spencer's P.O.V

-

Bang.

-

My eyes shot open, realizing that I wasn't dead. I sat bolt upright, looking around me. Walkers were everywhere, but they were... Dead. I mean, dead dead. I kicked the walker that was on me off and got up, wiping the goo off of my jacket. I looked up, and came face to face with a boy my age. He had his gun pointed towards me. Out of instinct, I kicked the gun out of his hand and tackled him, pulling out my hunting knife. "Who the hell are you?!" I said, holding the knife up to his throat. He held onto his sheriffs hat and grabbed my arm. I held my position. "You may wanna thank me. You could've been walker bait." he chuckled, as I pulled away from him and helped him up. I stared at him for a couple of seconds. "Uh, yeah. Thanks." I said, turning away and walking in the other direction. "Hey! Hey, wait!" he said, running towards me. I ignored him, and quickened my pace. "Come on! Don't you want somewhere to live?" I stopped dead in my tracks, turning on my heels. "How do you know that I've got nowhere to go?" I questioned, my hand making its way to my gun. He looked down, avoiding eye contact with me. "I've... Seen you around... Well, while I've been looking for food for my fa-" he faltered, and took a deep breath. "I've been looking for food for myself, and I've seen you around. You're pretty good at killing walkers." he blushed. I smirked and held out my hand. "Spencer. Spencer Hayes." he smiled and shook my hand. "Carl. Carl Grimes."