Chapter Ten: Memories and Razors.

Carl's P.O.V - "Spencer. I-" I couldn't find the words to say. I was speechless. I dropped my knife, watching it hurdle to the ground and land with a clang. Spencer looked at me, then slowly walked over to the two things laying on the floor. She turned to me and took a deep breath, and did something unthinkable. She stepped on one of their heads. She stomped on it until its brains were smeared on the floor tiles of the supermarket. "This is what you fucking get-" she stomped furiously. "for what you've done-" she kicked the remains of the woman's body and moved on the the man's. "to-" she gave it one last go and walker goo splattered everywhere, painting the floor with black guck. "me." she breathed heavily as she took the photo out from her pocket and took out a lighter. She held the picture up and burned it, throwing it on the corpses. I stood there, watching everything. Until she turned around and stormed out of the store, taking our supplies to the car. - As we drove, (it's the apocalypse, they were allowed to drive at 13. 😂) Spencer did not say a word. "Erm... Spence... Mind telling me what happened...? You know... Back there?" chills went down my spine as the silence lingered uncomfortably. She shook her head and sighed. "Do you even remember the last NORMAL day you had? You know, before the shit hit the fan?" she turned her head towards me for a second at a time, trying to keep her eyes on the road. I nodded, relishing in the normal days, when killing walking rotten bags was just a fantasy. "Remembering normal days for me is never 'paradise', it's more of a nightmare." she said angrily. I looked at her and gave her a quizzical look. "What? So you're saying you'd prefer this?" I said, gesturing to outside where walkers fed on yet another victim in the distance. Spencer sighed and sniffled. "Yeah. I'd rather use a blade on something that won't feel it than myself." she murmured. My head turned from my window frantically as my eyes trailed to her wrists. There, on her bracelet was a razor blade, and right beside it were cuts.