Chapter Seven: Nightmares.

Spencer's P.O.V

-

"AAAGHHHH!" a scream awoke me from my sleep. "Mom? Dad?" I asked, grabbing my knife and bow. "SPENCER!" I heard someone yell. Shit. Walkers. I sat bolt upright and ran out of my tent. There, lying on the ground, were my parents being eaten alive by those... Things. "No!" I screamed, shooting one in the head with an arrow, then sprinting up to the second one and stabbing it in its head. "Mom! Dad!" I screamed, holding my mother's head on my lap, while my father rested his hand on my thigh. "You... Did your best, Spencer..." he said, his eyes losing their bright blue essence. My mother started to spit up blood, and her breathing started to get sharp. "Spencer, please. Go. Before it's too late. It's too late for us, honey. You have to let us go. You can make it out there... I know you can..." Tears brimmed in my eyes as I held my mother. "No! Mom, please, no..." she looked at me one final time, and faded into a sleep to when she will never wake.

-

Carl's P.O.V

-

Screaming. That's all I heard. I rolled off of my bed and instantly checked on Spencer. She was sitting on the bed, her knees attached to her face. "They're... Gone." she whispered, looking into my eyes. I sat next to her and put my arm around her. "Shh, it's okay. You're fine. You're... You're with me." she looked up and sighed. "Carl, can I... Can you... Can you sleep... Beside... Me?" she asked resting her head on my shoulder. "Sure. Anything you want..." I said, laying down next to her. After a couple of minutes she had calmed down. "Thanks Grimes." she said, moving closer to me. "No problem Hayes." I said, playing with her hair. After what seemed like forever, she turned around to face me. "My sister used to do that..." was the last thing I heard her say before she drifted off to sleep.